Home

Massive Input Lag

This is a discussion on Massive Input Lag within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Massive Input Lag

Not connection lag, input lag. Unbelievably so. It happens at random times during drop in EASHL games. Haven't seen it in vs, nor is it every game. It's completely random and INSANELY annoying.

I'll pull the battery or pause the game. Sometimes it fixes other times it doesn't. Then sometimes it's fixed and it comes back. It's absolutely not server lag. Just a tremendous delay in what I'm doing with the controller compared to the output on screen.

Again, drop in games only. Anyone else seen this? I really hope it's not prevalent and is just a fluke thing. I've never seen anything like this in any game ever, andis quite possibly the most annoying thing of all time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Massive Input Lag

Yes, I had this last night in a drop-in game for the first time. It lasted for maybe two minutes before going away without me doing anything. It was really confusing to see a smooth connection, yet have my player respond with such a delay. I haven't seen it at all in about 30 EASHL games.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Oh it's in club games, too. I have to swear to my teammates that I've hit pass as I watch my guy stand idle and get destroyed with the puck.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was dealing with it in club matches all night. Interestingly one of my teammates would get it at the same time as me, and the other would be fine.

I think the other team, at least on one occasion, had the same issue at the same time as us.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

What system are you guys playing on that are experiencing controller lag? If it is in online modes only, you have to think its actually just ea server congestion or unoptimized matchmaking code that lets people with 56k connections screw everybody.

I have had some really brutal controller lag in the "online vs" mode for ps3, some games with strobe light framerates, and some games that are completely smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: Massive Input Lag

I only play EASHL games and me and some of my teammates had this issue in a third of our games. its like my player is drunk, I can barely control him on the ice when every input command doesnt register for a good 2 seconds.

I've never seen this issue in any other EA NHL release, so something is definitely different. hope it gets smoothed out...

(this was on xbox360)
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I played 10 EASHL games last night and had this happen to me in 3 separate games. One game it only lasted for a period. The other games it lasted all game long.

I've never seen anything like this before in the series, including the early release of NHL 14.

Not sure what's up with this glitch.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

360 here as well. Played a few vs games and no sign of it. Last night it happened every game at least once for 4 EASHL drop in games. This morning I played 2 and didn't see it.

At least I know it's not just me. And now seems it likely is "server" (for my ignorance of the correct term) lag, just unlike the traditional lag we've all come to know and love....

Hopefully EA is aware and is working to fix it. Anyone seen any pigs flying lately?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »