Home

Faceoff Tips (Difficulty 5 & 6)

This is a discussion on Faceoff Tips (Difficulty 5 & 6) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon5 Faceoff Tips (Difficulty 5 & 6)

I really like Difficulty 5 faceoffs and I don't know of the CPU difficulty matters but I'm playing against them on superstar.

Difficulty 5 gives the most realistic looking faceoffs, that require a lot of quickness and tussling at times while lower difficulties like 4 result in alot of clean wins more often.

I've been testing level 5 for a long while but I just can't be competitive enough on a consistent basis. I know alot of focus is required so I end up giving away a few of them just because of that,

Anyway, has anyone played with faceoffs on 5 or 6 difficulty and what tips do you have for winning more of these faceoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Faceoff Tips (Difficulty 5 & 6)

I run 6 faceoff difficulty and will say that the single most helpful tool you can have is running something with the smallest about of screen delay as possible. (I run a computer monitor). As for what you're actually doing, try to predict right before the ref is going to make their movement. The longer it takes the ref to drop the puck, the more you should be anticipating it so you can win the draw. I manage to win about 70% on difficulty 6 with guys that have relatively low faceoff ratings (play with the Blues). Also, I'm also assuming you know which faceoffs beat which.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

here you go read this if you havent, im SURE it still applies to 13

http://www.operationsports.com/strat...faceoff-guide/
Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have seen guys lineup in a backhand stance, yet win it with their forehand & vice-versa when in the forehand stance. How do they do this? It makes them very hard to beat because they have the full arsenal available to them.

And they aren't switching from backhand to forehand grip last second either, I feel like it's some type of glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »