Home

NHL13 PS3 vs 360

This is a discussion on NHL13 PS3 vs 360 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
NHL13 PS3 vs 360

Has anyone played both?....I've played the demo of each and noticed a big difference between the feel of each demo. I might be crazy, but I thought the PS3 version had a more organic loose feel than the 360 version....but I'd like to hear others thoughts on the actual retail versions?

I have both systems and was wondering which people prefer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NHL13 PS3 vs 360

Haven't played a whole lot of gameplay on the 360 but all of the front end stuff like menus and simulation is much faster on the 360. If you do a lot of simulating in BaGM I would say the 360 is at least twice as fast. Other than that, the gameplay didn't feel all that different from my PS3 copy.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4

prefer the XBox
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

The PS3 demo would always freeze before a game would start. So I would say, the game plays better on Xbox, in my experience.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Think they played the same.
Simming games though, another story. Takes ages on PS3.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

I own both console NHL games. Have been playing NHL since NHLPA 93. Modded the crap out of NHL99, installed NCAA teams and rosters on the pc version. So the NHL series has been my favorite for a while and I just wanted to see the differences first hand, and I will not be buying NHL on Xbox ever again.

To start, the custom music, while not the biggest part of the game a fun part. I was able to put all of Cycloniacs intros goal horns Bip and pp/pk packages on both. On ps3 it took a flash drive and everything had it's name no playlist creation or naming. Took one hour to do all of the above plus AHL on ps3. Xbox takes longer becasue a disk must be burned and then everything named individually. Pain in the A#@ on xbox. Easy as 123 on PS3.

Rosters same deal as above. Easy and quick on ps3 just downlaoad and copy. Xbox not so much complicated and tough. Throw a shout out to revamped rosters my favorite for play. However, Petrpucks rosters have everyone, and Al Titos are a great GM set for xbox. Ultimate rosters are good on ps3 as well.

Gameplay: Yes control on PS3 feels and responds better. I feel now when I play on xbox my passes are sloppier and more hectic. On ps3 most passes go where intended plus the skating and shooting as well as dekes have a more precise feel. The timing on hitting doesn't seem as bad on ps3.

The A.I. itself seems to be a bit easier to play and frustrating to deal with on PS3. For some reason the AI on xbox takes your tendencies then cheeses goals. Or takes tons of penalties behind the play for your team(xbox), I'm not even going to talk about the last period against the xbox we have all seen those comebacks. These comebacks and crazy third period play are not as dominant on ps3 but still can happen this area is similar on both consoles, however the ps3 AI seems more human and less of a jerk all around.

I'm not sure how to describe it but overall the ps3 has a better feel to it than it's counterpart on XBOX. Hope this helps anyone stuck in the middle.

Last edited by onac22; 04-25-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
Think they played the same.
Simming games though, another story. Takes ages on PS3.
This is an issue I forgot the loading times on PS3 are my biggest complaint. Probably double if not triple that of it's Xbox counterpart.

Last edited by onac22; 04-25-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

I feel like I am floating on the ice with the 360. Where on the ps3 it feels more like skating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »