Home

Dekes shouldn't be the only way to score

This is a discussion on Dekes shouldn't be the only way to score within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Dekes shouldn't be the only way to score

seriously i've played this game enough to see that, slap shots never go in, one timers are nerfed so much they barely work, the only way to score goals is to go on a break away and deke a goalie out, it's ridiculous... why? is this game like this? can someone answer this for me, cause its really irritating, or any tips besides being a deking douche, i hardly ever see deke scores in the nhl, in comparison to this game, im mainly speaking of eashl, one on one versus isn't so bad, yet still dominated by dekes, do people like this? makes this game arcadey to me, yet everything else seems sim... i dont get this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dekes shouldn't be the only way to score

Sliders, I found the perfect set and am scoring 5 hole snipers at the half boards, scoring on slap shots, and very rarely on dekes, yesterday was playing and had a good 2 minute forecheck, Henrique with the shot after coming from behind the net, scramble at the front of the net, Clarkson checked some dude he lost his balance got the puck and then I just flicked the stick up and Clarkson sniped it top cheese in the slot, very VERY rewarding goal.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Sliders, I found the perfect set and am scoring 5 hole snipers at the half boards, scoring on slap shots, and very rarely on dekes, yesterday was playing and had a good 2 minute forecheck, Henrique with the shot after coming from behind the net, scramble at the front of the net, Clarkson checked some dude he lost his balance got the puck and then I just flicked the stick up and Clarkson sniped it top cheese in the slot, very VERY rewarding goal.
same here... i find my slappers, wristers and even 1 timers find the back of the net. NOT always but given to right players with high ratings with shot accuracy will give me a higher possibility of scoring.

thanks to the guys doing the sliders that I prefer using - Cycloniac and Savoei's.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

On a one timer you have to go back to the side were the puck is coming from. Also slap shooting you should pick the far side, short side if your coming straight down the ice, if your angled at all go opposite side. Also more specific drop in games will be dominated by people who deke the goalie because they get so many breakaways due to no one playing defense. I would recommend you join a club, it's rare to find someone in a drop in game to set you up a one timer. Even if you make a club with randoms at least you can get some chemistry.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Um, they're not.

I score the vast majority of my goals on straight wrist shots. I also score many slapshots, rebound goals, deflections, you name it.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Um, they're not.

I score the vast majority of my goals on straight wrist shots. I also score many slapshots, rebound goals, deflections, you name it.
That's me. I'd say it's 50/50 with half to wrist shot goals, and half are others, like slapshots from the point (typically), or deflections...even scrums, rebounds around the net.

I can state for a FACT that dekes are not the only way to score, because I score plenty, and I can not do any kind of deke, whether around a goalie or a player.

There's some great advice in this thread about other ways to score, so it might be your sliders. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Um, they're not.

Agreed! I can't deke to save my life! I have scored on a deke maybe once out of 200 games or so! I score like post above- wrister's slaps and mostly rebounds. Just starting to get good at deflections(remembered Lt,Rb). I wish I could deke, I dread shootouts because I will lose, so I go balls out during ot to end it.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
Rookie

noles367's Arena

OVR: 9

There needs to be more variety of goals in the game. Other than dekes, the things you guys are saying like slap shots from the point, wristers from the slot, etc are all the same goals repeated over.

The "dynamic" goalies are to blame for this. They are always in perfect position and never let in a soft goal. And even the dekes people use are the same 2 over and over, which aren't really dekes as much as tricking the ai.

IMO we need to see plenty more deflections and poor angle shots go in. Plus as an online player I can't change sliders and play people who more or less try to score the same type of goal over and over the whole game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »