Home

Penalties are still a problem

This is a discussion on Penalties are still a problem within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

xx19kilosoldier's Arena

OVR: 4
Penalties are still a problem

I know folks "feel" good because the situation feels "better" but its still not right.

Im sure that this will fall on def ears this year but I hope EA does something to fix this GLARING issue next year. (am I really sitting here asking them to fix the same issue for the 3rd straight year?)

Make the sliders do what they are supposed to do EA. Its painfully obvious they do not work or we would not have these issues yearly.

Make sliders actually work instead of the scam that many of them really are.

Folks are watching.

PS: The career freeze issue in Fifa 13 is one of the greatest travesties in sports gaming in a long time.
Missouri Tigers
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Sounders Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
they are, idk why everybody is so happy abt the amount of penalties called right now. a few more but still way too little.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Banned

Minus 80's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalties are still a problem

I've found most folks that think there are too few have an unrealistic idea of how many are actually called in real life.

They also have an unrealistic view of how many should be called in a 5 minute period versus a 10 minute period. Because of scaling, one penalty will generally take up the time of four in 5 minute periods, and 2 in 10 minute periods.

If you use real time scaling, penalties would take 30 seconds in real time.

Penalties were definitely way too light on release. But I see no problem with them now, at all. Despite time scaling, I'm still getting 6-8 penalties total per game.

Last edited by Minus 80; 11-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

in my BaGM, i see 4 penalties/game or at times 10/game. there was an instant where i got 12 pens/game (7 done by my team, 3 mine and 4 CPU teammates). and my game is set in 10 min/period. btw, sometimes i see double pen or game misconduct too, both CPU and me.

im totally satisfied with the amount of penalties. but the type of penalties...that i want to see more varieties, ex. goalie interference. i dont know how many penalties you expect in 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 min per period? im glad that EA address this after the release compared to how they handle this issue in NHL 12.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Banned

geoffstanek's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with you canuck!! There is nothing wrong with the penalty sliders. well at least they were fixed.. you have to find YOUR perfect setting.. Im on V1.05 and my sliders are working great. I have games with tons of hits and tons of penalties and games with little or no hits and less penalties. On average my team has 4 pk's a game and i get 4 pp's. So 8 called penalties a game for me is perfect... check you aggression and hitting sliders. I feel them make the biggest difference in penalties. Game speed also is critical...anything over 2 is far too fast and the penalties will not be call correctly. at least that is what i have observed!!

good luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm happy with the number of penalties now, too. [10 minute periods]

Happier still that the amount of calls do vary around quite a bit. Some games I see as few as three calls total. Whereas in other games, I see as many as eight. And seeing calls I never did before this issue was addressed. Boarding, hitting from behind, double minors, etc...
Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I still see total one sided penalties. My CPU teammates go to the box as if there's free candy and beer in there, yet the CPU controlled teams rarely take a penalty, even when blatant ones happen.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Penalties are not an issue in m gameplay. I play Be a Gm and use Altino's slider as my base. To draw penalties, you have to pass often in your offensive zone. Cycling the puck and keep the ai off balance works great for me. However, when I play more of wide open, up and down the ice, not much is called my way. To the OP's point of penalties being off, the cpu does seem to get it's power plays regardless of the tempo play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »