Home

Be A Gm: Fantasy Draft in NHL'13 (off line)

This is a discussion on Be A Gm: Fantasy Draft in NHL'13 (off line) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Be A Gm: Fantasy Draft in NHL'13 (off line)

I have a question for you guys.I want to do a BeAGM (offline). I want to do a fantasy draft. I did it before. But I never quite satisfied with the results. How do you guys do your fantasy drafts?Do you have a strategy in mind? Or do you just draft the best players available? Do you mix young and old players? What do you look for when you select your players?I am curious what your fantasy draft strategies are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Be A Gm: Fantasy Draft in NHL'13 (off line)

I love to play the role of Fantasy Draft I did it on last years game, I find it very rewarding, I usually don't sign players over the age of 28. When they do reach that age of of 289 I'll sign them to a 2 yr or 1 yr deal two if I can and place them as my grinding unit 4 liners they actually really help. I find it very rewarding as a fantasy draft player because you are drafting all your players managing pretty much everything.

I play all my games never sim, so Wheeling and dealing is my forte, gotta be careful not to deal away free agent signings right away because then in Free Agency guys wont sign because you have built up a reputation to sign and trade I've made that mistake last season.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Thanks. I have no idea how to do those fantasy drafts the best way.Sometimes I have the idea to only have very young talented players in my team and choose only players not older than 21. But when I don't have something like that in mind and just do a fantasy draft where I have balanced roster with young/old-sniper/playmaker/gritplayers-etc, I have no clue to go about this. For example, the first 2 picks are a topforward and topdefenceman, than a goalie and so on...Are there other suggestions?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1

I usually select a solid goaltender with my 1st or 2nd pick. The other pick on offense, usually a winger since there's less impact players than at center. I tend to draft relatively young, but I don't sort by potential until around the 18th round, where there's still plenty of high caliber prospect to develop.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually draft all young players first. I try to get players under 25 that will fill top 4 D roles and top 6 offensive roles. After they dry out, I start taking tons of prospects. Close to the end of the draft I will fill out my teams with older top 6 guys like Selanne to fill holes that I wasn't able to get young guys for earlier. These types of players are good stop gaps until your prospects are ready to step in. Finally, I fill my bottom six with a mix of guys that are left that fill the roles I like to put my bottom 2 lines in. Guys that can kill penalties and maybe a tough guy if I feel like taking one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
MVP

seb170455's Arena

I usually pick a top platter in the 1st round. Than i look and see of price or ward are still available. This is mostly not the case. Than my next 5 picks will be top players below 28 years of age. Than i look and try to find young talents. If i stumble upon some good 3rd or 4th liners i will pick them.

But after every fantasy draft i have the feeling i could have done much better. You guys have the same feeling?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »