Home

Online Play : Are we the only guys who play legit?

This is a discussion on Online Play : Are we the only guys who play legit? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Online Play : Are we the only guys who play legit?

I'm asking the question because I want to know if I'm paranoiac or it's simply the state of the game.

Since NHL games we're created, we had money goals. It's ok, I can leave with that to some extent. Recently, I've seen more and more glitching online than ever. Make it curve shot, side gliding then shot, etc. money goals exploits than I've ever seen.

With my partner in the EASHL, we play 2 vs. 2, and for every game that we have an opponent who play fair hockey (so they don't exploit the coding of the game but our weaknesses) we have 4 games that guys on the other side are trying every time they have, exploits.

One night, I was alone and decided to play Online Versus. The first game was against a newbie, an easy 6-0 win and in the third, all I did was dump the puck and wait for him. It took only the second game to see the other guy go for exploits. In the third game, exact same thing. I shut it off after 2 minutes of play, I had enough.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who play freaking legit hockey in this game. Am I the only one finding that scoring 10 goals the same freaking way, exploiting the coding on top of it, isn't worthy at all?

At least, offline, you cheat the CPU and if you're stupid enough to find it fun, good for you, but online, it's simply ruining the game. I'm guessing there's people who play legit, mature hockey online, but 4 out of 5 people seems to be cheaters and will do no matter what to win a game.

I'm just flabergasted by the ways of people online. At least with NHL 13 and GM Connected, I'll have the pleasure to play a league with a friend we're we won't use exploits to boost our record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Online Play : Are we the only guys who play legit?

The problem is you're playing 2v2. The majority of glitchers you'll find are in 2v2. Play with a human defenseman or a human goalie, and you'll see the amount of glitching against you go way down.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The more CPU players that are on the ice, the less fun you are going to have with this game.

The game plays best when it's 6 vs. 6 with all spots filled by human players. In that scenario, there are no glitch goals or exploits.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't really know how to do the glitch shots, its upsetting cause its happened enough and we suffered our fair share of losses cause of it but our club has finally started to win.

I also do 2v2 and what 2v2 for us used to be was the following:

- Let computer get puck in defensive end
- Skate up boards
- Call for pass
- Hope for 2 on 1 goal

We would miss and they would do the same as we just did and instead of 2 on 1 they would curl and score top corner.

We tried getting more guys to do 5v5 or 6v6 and well its hard to find decent players this late into a game cycle who don't already have a club.

What you need to do is:
1. Use either behind the net OR your computer D
2. Use your computer players (in offensive zone, theyre useless w puck in defensive zone or neutral zone)
3. Have at least 1 player who holds the defensive responsibility, generally your centre to stop the cherry pickers.

I am not saying this will stop all glitchers but if all you do is play 2v2 and not use the computer then its going to be very hard to be defensive responsible and put up numbers cause your going to have to spend so much focus trying to score.

The only glitch that truly bothers(ed) me is the drag along goal line glitch, the curl and drag shot as much as it sucks you should usually be able to stop it and if you can't its probably a shot that may have gone in real hockey anyway.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

The first year of eashl was fun.
Since then it's teams finding the weakness in the programming and trying to do the same thing all game. Even passing up on a good hockey play because it won't be as successfull as the money goal.
You will still play the odd team that are quite good at the game and team play but most of the time it's the same boring strategy.

To me there's something about eashl that has made it feel stale. Maybe because to be elite you need to play a ton of games, 3 out of 4 games feel the same, up and down with no play set up looking for the cheap goal. Top elite teams playing random amatuer teams and crushing them, waste of time for everyone. Then you have some weak ai that can be frustrating ie the goalie throwing the puck in your net, cpu d skating right beside the other teams forward from the center line in and not even trying to take the puck away.
Oh and don't forget about the losers that have been caught win trading to get to the top of the leaderboards.

The thing is, when it's good eashl is the most fun I've had in sports games. There's nothing like playing your guy and being part of the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would agree with everyone here. In 2v2 almost everyone glitches. 2v2 and 3v3 no goalies are pretty much the same unless you have a good stay at home defender. Instead of finding A whole team maybe you just need to find a good two way defenseman... Just a thought.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

I play a lot of 2v2 because me and my buddy just aren't on all the time but it's a good way for us to catch up and have some fun. We get a lot of glitchers basically doing the same moves down the ice every time, getting into the same spot for the same shot.

It's totally maddening, because they're usually impossible to knock off the puck, no matter how solid of defense we play, and we're both defensively responsible.

I just can't see how this is entertaining for the people playing this way. It sure as hell isn't entertaining for us. Dull and unoriginal.

I definitely respect the gamers that actually take the time to set up plays, at the expense of their 4.7 points per game average.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

yep, anything less than 5's is glitch heaven. If you truly want to have a good time, put in a little effort to find a club of cool people that you enjoy playing with and run 5's and 6's. It's well worth it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »