Home

Trade Question

This is a discussion on Trade Question within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 17
Trade Question

Which trade looks more realistic?

Iginla, Baertschi and 1st round pick

for

Tyler Seguin

OR

Iginla, Baertschi and 1st round pick

for

Nicklas Backstrom (C)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Trade Question

IMO I think that is a good trade for Seguin...

I think you might be giving up a little much for Backstrom cause he is already 24.....which is not old but Seguin is only 19!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Seguin trade is not fair or realistic. Seguin is a great prospect who has proven himself in the NHL, and is worth more than a player who only has 1-2 years left, an unproven prospect, and a first round pick. Plus there is no way the Bruins would want to trade Seguin.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Rookie

lakingsfan37's Arena

OVR: 0

The game has made Backlund have crap value. But if you want backstrom i would package Backlund and other stuff for him. I agree that boston isnt making that trade. Nor are the caps gonna trade tehyre number one center for Iggy. You need to bring a center in to play with Iggy.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
Seguin trade is not fair or realistic. Seguin is a great prospect who has proven himself in the NHL, and is worth more than a player who only has 1-2 years left, an unproven prospect, and a first round pick. Plus there is no way the Bruins would want to trade Seguin.
Well, it could kinda make sense. Bruins are in good position to repeat, maybe even three-peat. Getting Iginla to achieve that, a decent prospect for the future plus what should be a fairly high 1st round pick isn't a step backwards in my opinion.

The only thing is...can they afford it financially. Seguin's contract is pretty cheap, and the Bruins already have a lot of big contracts on their payroll. So financially, I don't think they would do it...but talentwise, I could see them being interested by a package such as this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Rookie

pan_dog's Arena

I honestly dont think that either trade is entirely "realistic". However if I were to choose one it would be the Backstrom deal. Seguin is on the rise and Boston wouldn't be interested in moving such a piece for an aging vet. Washington on the other hand is in quite the slump from what they are accustomed to. Therefore if they were to mix things up, a trade for a proven veteran, a high pick, and a potential top 6 winger is a trade that could definitely pay dividends.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

ImNoCementHead's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan_dog
I honestly dont think that either trade is entirely "realistic". However if I were to choose one it would be the Backstrom deal. Seguin is on the rise and Boston wouldn't be interested in moving such a piece for an aging vet. Washington on the other hand is in quite the slump from what they are accustomed to. Therefore if they were to mix things up, a trade for a proven veteran, a high pick, and a potential top 6 winger is a trade that could definitely pay dividends.
Yeah but if the Caps were to make a trade, it wouldnt be Backstrom. It would be someone like Semin or maybe Green, or even Carlson
Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #8
Rookie

pan_dog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoCementHead
Yeah but if the Caps were to make a trade, it wouldnt be Backstrom. It would be someone like Semin or maybe Green, or even Carlson
Yea thats why I'm saying I dont think either trade is realistic, but if I were to HAVE to choose between the Seguin or Backstrom deal, it would be the Backstrom deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »