Home

Be A GM should be renamed...

This is a discussion on Be A GM should be renamed... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Be A GM should be renamed...

Instead of being a GM, I think it should be, BE A NHL OWNER. This would consist of all the things you do now but add ticket prices, concession prices, have a team store in your arena, have arena upgrades (new locker rooms, new jumbotron, etc.) hire and fire coaches (and coaching staff), conduct fan appreciation nights....theres much more i cant think of right now but you get the idea. Be A GM is pretty good as is, but a few more things added would be dandy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Re: Be A GM should be renamed...

OH YEAH!!! and have you attendance at your arena be based on how well your team is playing. If your teams not performing then have it show up in your crowd. Less people= less noise= less motivation for your team. And for the preseason, EA needs to make it actually seem like preseason and have it totally different from a regular season or playoff game (even if they take the advertisements off of the boards haha)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Considering your name I think you of all people should know that doing all of those things does not mean a winning team, nor does the team blowing like an f-5 tornado mean less people in the arena. FNC should be a ghost town, yet packed to the gills for the last place team in the east.

I'd be happy if they would just improve the mindset of the BAGM and make it more realistic and smarter. I try to be smart and make good moves but the CPU is like a bunch of Bob Murray's and Darcy Regier's totally clueless.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Instead of being a GM, I think it should be, BE A NHL OWNER. This would consist of all the things you do now but add ticket prices, concession prices, have a team store in your arena, have arena upgrades (new locker rooms, new jumbotron, etc.) hire and fire coaches (and coaching staff), conduct fan appreciation nights....theres much more i cant think of right now but you get the idea. Be A GM is pretty good as is, but a few more things added would be dandy.
This would be a waste for me. That gets into the realm of a text sim at that point. For me, just add a player finder and be able to easily access stats (full career stats) and rosters, and I'd be thrilled.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Humithmu's Arena

I think it would be cool. What version of NHL was it that had the office and everything else in it? As a full hockey sim it could work. You could have some areas that always draws more fans on average than the south. However, if the team is playing well, attendance could increase, owners could get more money and allow GMs to spend more. IRL, some teams are cap teams and others have to pay just to reach the floor. If one of these teams win a cup like Tampa Bay or Anaheim did, that would increase attendance and perhaps the budget for next year.

The NHL series is more based on the gameplay, but for anyway who likes sims like OOTP baseball, this could be really fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Angry Re: Be A GM should be renamed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
your ideas are great....but i'd rather see EA FIX THE DAMN BaGM mode before adding more complex addition to the BaGM or even a new mode (where your suggestions fit). just what GLENN suggested, i'd like to see how am I doing against my divisional games in the current year. at least let me know if im winning the series or what! or i can go to any dates in the calendar which i have a game and see what happened there.

so many things to IMPROVE in BaGM which IMHO EA neglects to improve.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I think it should be changed to "I Hope I Can Get Through This Game Without Freezing".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie

pan_dog's Arena

I can agree with some points that you made, it would definitely be dope to finally see real life coaches and be able to fire/hire certain positions in the coaching staff. Also a trade finder would be great, one similar to the NBA 2K series maybe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »