Home

Are CPU team goalies better than Human team goalies?

This is a discussion on Are CPU team goalies better than Human team goalies? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

draven085's Arena

OVR: 3
Are CPU team goalies better than Human team goalies?

I'm oh so close to getting my sliders to a point where the game is challenging but still enjoyable without being overly cheap. I play with all shot accuracy sliders and HUM and CPU goalie reaction set to zero and until recently have found this setup quite good. Unfortunately, in my past dozen test games I've noticed that the my AI goalies can't hold a candle to the CPU's AI goalies.

I realize this statement is difficult to quantify but it sure feels like the CPU's goalies are a heck of a lot better than mine. My goalies seem to make every shot from the point an adventure and feel a step or two slower than the AI. It's gotten to the point where I am considering raising my goalie reaction slider one click to even the playing field.

What say you? Have you noticed anything similar of late? Or have I simply had a bad streak of games of late?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Are CPU team goalies better than Human team goalies?

Nope...CPU AI in general is better than your AI team. You can put all your accuracy sliders to 0 all you want, but they will still play like superstars.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

For All Star and Super Star,I have goalie reaction speeds set at 6/4 (human/cpu)

I recommend using a similar goalie slider setup to what I use with my whole slider setup.....or use the whole set,... change the difficulty level to whatever you wish,but use everything else.

I don`t think you`ll be disappointed.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

i've found : goalie reaction speed: 3 & 5 seems only way to make the human goalies tougher , Goalie Reaction Speed: 1&2&4&6 seems to get the starting goalie scored on alot . In NHL 11 it was Goalie reaction speed : 5/4 or 5/1

Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't feel like they are necessarily better. I think the user just has a tendency to take lesser quality shots. I know I was finding it way harder to beat the goalie when I was essentially doing snapshots all of the time. Once I started really paying attention to doing a proper half-circle motion of the right stick on wristers I've been getting way more goals.

I will say that the cpu players do seem to be able to achieve more power with certain types of awkward shots than if I were to attempt the same shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

I hear that.

The cpu needs to have better tuned randomly generated delay times added to some of it`s reactions,for shooting and passing of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »