Home

CPU Defensemen in EASHL

This is a discussion on CPU Defensemen in EASHL within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
CPU Defensemen in EASHL

Generally when I play EASHL it is usually me and one other person (2v2). We are to the point where we can't figure out what is going on. He is usually the center while I am on the wing. Our CPU defensemen are terrible, more terrible than the teams we play it seems. They make stupid passes back and forth to each other or pass the puck into the side of the net. When we call for passes they are seldom accurate and often intercepted. We do not cherry pick at all. They take penalties when the other teams rarely have penalties called against them and if they do 9/10 times they are the human players, not the CPU guys. About the only thing they seem to do right is making passes to the wing we are not controlling.

We have tried messing with the offensive and defensive strategies and nothing seems to make much of a difference. We are to the point where we both feel we are just better off playing drop in games which is fine, but we do enjoy playing games together.

Any help/suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU Defensemen in EASHL

The only suggestion anyone will ever be able to give you that actually works is to find two people that are good at defense and play with them instead of the computer. The CPU Defense has always been in issue. There are some dekes that completely freeze the computer and allow the human to skate right by them without even being touched.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: CPU Defensemen in EASHL

Same deal here. I'm not sure if they're worse than last year. It seems that way. You need to find some solid d-men that are committed to staying back and playing defense.

You build a great club by finding a D-pair. You need two guys that can switch on the fly. One that stays at home, and one that pinches a little more.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »