Home

Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

This is a discussion on Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #41
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
lol seriously at what time do they usually release the demos?
I don't know. I would assume at midnight, but I'm not entirely sure.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #42
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yeah that's a major reason why I switched to PS3. As much as I like features like party and cross game chat, that extra 50 a year for live just wasn't worth it to me in the end.
wow 50? i paid $30. It comes out to about $2.50 per month, well worth it IMO.
Anyway, back to NHL 12 demo - The first thing i'm going to look for is better passing, see if the puck bounces off goaltenders a little more realistically and i'm hoping to see better real time collisions between players. You?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd like to run the crease and see how the net dislodges first. I'll also check out the subtle new turn animations, sample the passing/ shooting, monitor the upgraded physics, check for anything new, try to break the glass once or twice on some boarding or charging calls, knock Chara's helmet off trying to get him in the bench, and see the new additions to be a pro, among other things. I'm a SIM player in real life.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
wow 50? i paid $30. It comes out to about $2.50 per month, well worth it IMO.
Anyway, back to NHL 12 demo - The first thing i'm going to look for is better passing, see if the puck bounces off goaltenders a little more realistically and i'm hoping to see better real time collisions between players. You?
AI is the major thing for me, I'm hoping all these player traits actually work as advertised and there's more distinction between players. Better puck physics would be nice as well. Jury will be out on the sim engine obviously but that's the other major factor for me this year. I'm currently in the first round of the playoffs and it pains me to see teams like the Wild and Calgary with high playoff berths, that's just not realistic.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #45
Rookie

The_Wraith420's Arena

Usually Xbox Marketplace updates at 5am EST on Tuesday morning PS3 is usually Tuesday evening after 5pm EST...hope that helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #46
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wraith420
Usually Xbox Marketplace updates at 5am EST on Tuesday morning PS3 is usually Tuesday evening after 5pm EST...hope that helps
ok so some say 3am EST, others like you say 5am.. whatever the case is, i will be up a little earlier than usual tomorrow morning hehe
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #47
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I'm hoping all these player traits actually work as advertised and there's more distinction between players.
This is my biggest hope.

FIFA does a great job at this. I re-created a World Cup Tournament on FIFA 11 that I am playing through right now. When I play Brazil, their forwards are extremely flashy with the ball, and use tons of skill moves to get around me. Just like they do in real life.

When I play Spain, they pass the ball like crazy, using some precision passing to open up opportunities for Villa and Torres. Just like they do in real life.

The same cannot be said for the NHL series of years past. Let's hope that changed this year!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
ok so some say 3am EST, others like you say 5am.. whatever the case is, i will be up a little earlier than usual tomorrow morning hehe
Yeah I've been off live for a year or so now, so my estimation could be off. I remember it being early morning at the very least. hehe Least I was spot on with the PS3 not that it helps you personally since you're on the Xbox. I try at least!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »