Home

Franchise Players?

This is a discussion on Franchise Players? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Franchise Players?

I saw that they were in the game, but I keep reloading draft classes, and with a maxed-out scout, I STILL can't see ANY franchise players. I've done it over 100 times! No players higher than 76, and no players higher than B potential......

How can I tell if I have a franchise player in my draft? Will my scout hint and say "I'm excited"? He says that to me every time I reload, but still, no franchise players....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Franchise Players?

they don't happen pretty often. Now do you keep usin the first year draft? or are you going deeper into the BAGM. I didn't see my first one in NHL10 till about the 6th or 7th year. and he was just an 81 B Defenseman

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 01-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think when your scout says he's excited about a draft it just means it's a really good draft overall. Not necessarily that there's a franchise guy in there.

I've had only one player listed as a "franchise" player and it was in the 2018 draft. Came out as an 85 rated B- playmaker Center. Had very solid stats all around.

I had one draft where my scout said he was very excited about it and there were at least 3 or 4 players that came out in the 80-82 range but none were listed as franchise, just top 5. Also once got an 83 rated tough guy in the 3rd round. He at least had good enough stats other than fighting to where he isn't totally worthless.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Banned

I'm in my 4th year....I've heard people say they come a lot in 2019....should I sim until then? I'm using a created team, and I'm looking for that franchise player that I draft.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
Banned

Simulated one more year (so entering my 5th season). Got Larsson and Conz, but still want a better franchise guy. Usually keep reloading the class when the scout says it's weaker than normal. Decided to check anyway, and bam, the guy I scouted turns out to be franchise. I'll tell you how he turns out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
Banned

Decided to have my worst season (I'm simming, so no, I'm not throwing games), and at a good time! Definitely gonna get the franchise guy #1 overall! Also, the NYI, who have a dynasty going on right now if I'm not mistaken, put a 24 year old 86 rated goalie with B- B- C on waivers! So even though I got Conz, I obviously claimed this G. About to get to the draft and I'll tell you what he ends up being!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
Banned

86 overall B- B- C

He's a C, 19 years old, 6'6" 248 lbs. And he's a LEFTY!

Durability is only a 47...does that mean he'll get hurt a lot?

I'm kinda bummed about the potential....is there any way to get it up?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm in year 7 and I have seen two "Franchise" players, I think an 88C and an 82C. Frankly, that frequency is fine for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »