Home

Unsigned Entry Draft Players

This is a discussion on Unsigned Entry Draft Players within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

icecoldcash's Arena

OVR: 4
Question Unsigned Entry Draft Players

I'm new to hockey, but I thought I heard that unsigned Entry Draft Players went to your team's AHL affiliate. Is that correct?

If they don't go to your team's affiliate, what happens? Do they go into the free agent pool?
NBA - Miami Heat
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Unsigned Entry Draft Players

I believe the unsigned players go back to their CHL affiliate and you still hold their pro rights.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I was just gonna post this question too! I also want to know why there are guys on my AHL team that I did not sign?

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 10-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I believe any of your unsigned draft picks go back to their Junior Hockey team and you retain that players rights for 2 years, if you have not signed them by the second year you lose their rights and i believe the can become a free agent or re-enter the draft.

i'm pretty sure the only guys on your AHL squad should be guys with contracts and they must be 20 yrs old.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I was just gonna post this question too! I also want to know why there are guys on my AHL team that I did not sign?
If you do not sign a full team roster (enough guys to fill your roster, 2 goalies, 6 d, 12 forwards) then the cpu will automatically fill your roster and you cannot call those guys up or down to the NHL and they will not be on your resign phase at the end of the year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Your AHL team does not have to be all players that you have "rights" to. That's the way it is in real life too. All AHL teams have players that just play in the AHL. Their NHL affiliate can not call them up. They would have to sign a contract with that player. What you're seeing is normal. For instance, the captain for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers is Mark Wotton. He can not play for the Islanders, they would have to sign him to a contract first. He's played there for a while. I don't believe any AHL team is full of prospects.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

The problem I had is after season 1 I thought that if I didn't sign my prospects in junior that they would just go back to their junior teams and I would still own their rights. I'm playing as the Wild so after season 1 I didn't sign Granlund, Bulmer & Faucault. They weren't ready for AHL and so I wanted them to go back to junior for one more year. Well then I advance on to the free agency period and there all 3 of those guys are available as free agents free to sign with ANY team. I lost Granlund to Phoenix. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by ucas005; 10-04-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
The problem I had is after season 1 I thought that if I didn't sign my prospects in junior that they would just go back to their junior teams and I would still own their rights. I'm playing as the Wild so after season 1 I didn't sign Granlund, Bulmer & Faucault. They weren't ready for AHL and so I wanted them to go back to junior for one more year. Well then I advance on to the free agency period and there all 3 of those guys are available as free agents free to sign with ANY team. I lost Granlund to Phoenix. Anyone else have this problem?
I believe you need to sign the player and then you make the decision whether or not to send them to juniors or the NHL team. I haven't played around much with BAGM, so I could be wrong, but I thought I read that in one of the production blogs when the game came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »