Home

Your BAP Road to the NHL Story

This is a discussion on Your BAP Road to the NHL Story within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Your BAP Road to the NHL Story

I am really curious to hear some peoples stories of their road to the NHL or their on going struggle to crack the big boys roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Your BAP Road to the NHL Story

Doing good with my BAP goalie.

Went to the MC as the Regina Pats,......some good games,...Eberle played good,as did I,.....and we won it.

Went 7th overall in the draft,....and went to the Thrashers,...yippee!

Had a good pre-season,and was kept up by the club,.....started game 1 of the season against the Caps,.....and a great game it was to start my first season in the NHL.

It was a back and forth match,....shots were 30-29 for the Caps,...but we won the game 4-3,.....and we just dodged a bullet,or it may have been just because the horn went to end the game,just as Ovie,somehow got a stick on some garbage down in low by my stick side post,.....rang it off the crossbar or something,...I had the side all shut down,so I don`t know if my goaie just went blind with joy when he heard the horn,.....but to my benefit,.....that lovley horn went off,....and I had my first NHL win,......vs the Caps,....and I have a nice video to link to of my robbing Ovie down low in the slot,.......no short side for you Ovie,.....meet "the Hand of God".

To my surprise,.....I sat for the next 2 games,...a 3-2 OT loss,and a 5-1 win,the win against Tampa,....can`t remember who the loss was too,.....I was too busy hitting on the chick in isle 3 seat 17 .

I have the next start though,.....and I need to impress the coach.It would be nice to top my first game exp of about 115 exp,.....I need to,...I kinda like it up here,so far.

I haven`t started a BAP skater from the MC yet,....I have one where I picked my team,the Canadiens,...but it too hasn`t started yet,as I was working on fine tuning my slider set.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

I created a two-way RW and went with the Winter Hawks to the championship game and lost 3-2 with 4.9 seconds left....ARGH!! Anyway, got drafted 10th (I think) to Edmonton.

I am 3 games into the pre-season with 1 goal and 1 assist...but a +6 overall which is helping keep me on the first line. So far so good....I will keep this updated as I go.

Oh yeah, I am only rated a 71 overall.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

I am currently only doing 1, a LW Toughguy and was drafted 3rd round by Tampa, crazy thing is I've been 1st line with Tampa since preseason. Now 20 games in and leading the league in assists, hits, and PIM. Still on the 1st line, St Louis and Lecav are the main guys getting the goals. Hedman was moved down to 2nd line??? Why I'm still on the 1st I don't know but when I was drafted it said they really needed an enforcer. I hate Tampa and once I get my stats high enough I'm a 77 overall right now.... I'll probably sim the 3 years until a FA and sign with a team I actually like, hopefully.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

I've got two running right now, but I haven't played them too, too much (HUT is eating up more time than I thought it would... At least until I get a roster update for my BAGM... EASHL takes up most of my time, though).

First one is the "real" one. MY name, my position goalie). Played with the Guelph Storm and won the MC, I think I only gave up two goals in the final, the others were shutouts. Went 4th overall to the Blue Jackets. After a rocky pre-season (I'd rather not talk about it) they decided to keep me up and have me slated to start the season opener against San Jose.

The second one is a defenseman (Fulton Reed) who played with the Moosejaw Warriors and won the MC. Went 24th overall to the Thrashers and had an average pre-season, got dropped to the third D-Pair by the 4th game, but they kept him up and still have him on that line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

i started a goalie BAP. I won the memorial cup, then got picked up by Dallas very late in the draft. I played pretty bad in preseason, a lot of the goals I let in were by my own teammates..thanks team! For some reason Dallas kept me, but i haven't played regular season yet.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Rookie

waspman3's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm having a blast. Started out with the Philadelphia Phantoms. Was really a pretty good team but we got beat out in the Calder Cup. Numbers wise was good enough to get moved up to the parent club Philly. Can't stand them in real life but I won't go there. Half way through the season was traded to Tampa Bay. Then I was traded to Columbus I believe. So I've finished off my 1st regular season and now am in the Stanley Cup finals against Tampa Bay as fate would have it. I'm a 6'0 190 Defenseman but putting up #'s like a forward. Team went 60-17-5. I had a 107 points on the season. Toughest teams to play for me at least were St. Louis,St.Jose,Nashville.
I.D. #60165
I.H.S.A. recognized
Member of: I.H.S.A/C.O.A./I.E.S.A
ASEP Certified
Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

Update on my RW. Made the big club out of the pre-season and was put on the first line. Scored my first goal 4 games into the season on a hilarious play. I put a shot on Backstrom, then got hammered from behind...fell and my stick swiped the goalie and the puck went in. Not very graceful, but I will take it. 6 games into the season I have 2 goal 2 assists and I got dumped to the second line after having 1 atrocious game. The club is 4-1-1 though. 72 overall rating now...up 1 point.

Last edited by krmarks; 10-01-2010 at 12:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »