Home

Difficulty.

This is a discussion on Difficulty. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What difficulty do you play on?
Rookie 2 2.47%
Veteran 18 22.22%
All-Star 50 61.73%
Super Star 11 13.58%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Difficulty.

The past couple years I've played NHL on superstar, but as my other post suggests, this year it just feels like the CPU is on speed and there's no open ice whatsoever. I cannot enjoy playing on superstar. All-Star seems to be more balanced for whatever reason. However, I'm mainly concerned with dominating every game (primarily time on attack). I'm not looking to go undefeated. And I want balanced games, but I want a challenge, too. I'm torn on what level to play on.

What are you guys doing and how are your results. Does the CPU seem to produce offense on All-Star. I'm not talking about coming down and scoring a slapshot from outside the circle. I want to know the CPU controls the puck in your zone every once in a while (while even strength). I like to be back on my heels every once in a while but I don't like for it to feel unrealistic.

One of my biggest gripes is that every time I win a faceoff on superstar the CPU instantly steals the puck.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Difficulty.

my take is all-star is and always has been the perfect balance for this series. Superstar if just too tough IMO, well for it is. All-Star is the way to go with this game.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I can play, and win on super star. But I have found myself not enjoying the game. Its like my opponent is on my heels all the time and closes on the puck unrealistically. I've said it a million times, but I just don't know what it is about super star. I know Red Shirt has specifically said that with the CPU difficulty slider down at 0, the CPU gets no attribute boosts. But there's something. I don't know what it is but the CPU just beats you to the puck, all the time. They're all over you. Its like I'm playing against 18 guys on speed. After each game I feel stressed out. Ha.

When I play on All-Star it just feels more natural. However, the problem is that I find myself dominating the CPU. The thing that really bothers me about all-star is that I usually have a time on attack that is at least twice that of the CPU's. The CPU scoring is not the problem, because they always manage to score goals. But they never have me back on my heels.

So really for me it comes down to choosing between dominating time of possession every game or playing a game where my opponent is all over me the whole game.

I'm really not sure which way to go with it.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 09-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pro is to easy, tried to play on superstar got rocked every time, all star gives me realistic balance of wins and loses.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Are you guys playing with the CPU difficulty at default (0)? I really don't want to raise this beause what this means is that the CPU has attribute boosts. I've always played sports games on the second-highest difficulty because that level always seems to be the most even mode, where neither the CPU nor the user has any attribute advantage. My problem has been that I've played the NHL series more over the past 4 years than any other sports game. As a result (not trying to brag), I've gotten pretty good at the game. Now All-Star can, at time seem too easy. I don't know. I'm going to play a few more games on All-Star and see how it goes.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

All star with mostly default sliders for me. Works pretty well for me.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

I am finding it difficult to get enough SOG for the CPU on Superstar, so I have concerns about dropping to All-Star as I think it will be even worse. Same goes for the lack of penalties.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #8
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I am finding it difficult to get enough SOG for the CPU on Superstar, so I have concerns about dropping to All-Star as I think it will be even worse. Same goes for the lack of penalties.
Lack of penalties??? Maybe you have a bad copy of the game!?!?!?

And Gagnon, I recommend playing on All-Star with the CPU Difficulty at 3 or 4. Its pretty good...to me so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »