Home

Be A Pro question (pet peeve)

This is a discussion on Be A Pro question (pet peeve) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Be A Pro question (pet peeve)

I had NHL 09 and loved it. I was excited for NHL 10 but money was an issue last year and wasn't able to pick it up.

I'm huge BAP fan, but there was one thing that annoyed me; your line started every period, no matter which line you were on. Did they fix this for '10? 11?

To me, this totally destroyed the sense of accomplishment when you broke the first line, not to mention your team not having its best players on the ice as much as possible.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Be A Pro question (pet peeve)

I get what you're saying, but quite often one of the teams in real life will start the period with a line other than their top line in order to match up defensively. So while your own line starting every period feels a bit off, it's not horrible in terms of game strategy.

I didn't play much BAP in 10, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was the same last year.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
Rookie

KraZe's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I had NHL 09 and loved it. I was excited for NHL 10 but money was an issue last year and wasn't able to pick it up.

I'm huge BAP fan, but there was one thing that annoyed me; your line started every period, no matter which line you were on. Did they fix this for '10? 11?

To me, this totally destroyed the sense of accomplishment when you broke the first line, not to mention your team not having its best players on the ice as much as possible.
This wasn't addressed in NHL10, and it's been a bit of a pet peeve of mine as well. I hope they looked at it for NHL11.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

You do start in 10. Not a huge deal, as mentioned this does happen from time to time for match-ups. It would be cool to switch it up though when the coach sets his starters based on who he thinks you'll be facing on the other team.

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 08-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
I get what you're saying, but quite often one of the teams in real life will start the period with a line other than their top line in order to match up defensively. So while your own line starting every period feels a bit off, it's not horrible in terms of game strategy.
It is if I'm in on the opening faceoff of every game when I'm on the 2nd checking line... which ends up playing a greater portion of the game than the top scoring line, thus my very presence on the team makes them worse.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

My problem with Be A Pro is that your player is treated differently than every other player. It just doesn't feel organic. The sim engine shouldn't know who my player is, and treat me like it would treat anyone else.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosensgo101
My problem with Be A Pro is that your player is treated differently than every other player. It just doesn't feel organic. The sim engine shouldn't know who my player is, and treat me like it would treat anyone else.
Exactly, well said.

-Mark Twain.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Also annoying in BAP when you pass it someone and they pass it right back when you're surrounded by 2 other players... though I've played player lock in the demo and this seems much improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »