Home

Offsides in NHL11

This is a discussion on Offsides in NHL11 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 22
Offsides in NHL11

Does anyone know if there is going to be a drag button this year? I hate being on a 2 on 1 or 2 on none rush, then have to let up at the blue line to avoid an offsides. That can all but take you out of a play. My suggestion would be to make that one of the uses for vison control. As long as you're holding down L2 as your guy crosses the blueline before the puck crosses it he will drag his skate and try and hold the blueline as long as possible. Or they could just remove offsides from the game completely in OTP, this of coarse coming from a forwards point of view lol.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 06-15-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Offsides in NHL11

I doubt this will be in the game for a while, unless the community cries for it more. It would be awesome, but not entirely necessary. It's pretty easy to just skate laterally for a quick second to let the puck carrier cross first. That's what I usually do and rarely go offsides because of it. But still, like you mentioned, it would definitely be a welcome addition.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The more talented OTP players can time it very well. It's a huge advantage for their team.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 22

I hardly ever go offside my self. However, sometimes I'll get kind of ancy and mis time it wrong and be like a step offside. What I like to do is try and time it so I cross the line as the puck does, by slowing up by a step or two. I also hate, and I mean hate people that do double moves, dekes, fake outs ect, at the blue line that throws off your timing soooooo much. I'll say about 90% of all of my offsides have been when someone does a move at the blueline. My offsides rate is only 0.47 per game so I can live with that. But still this idea would not be that hard to implement, and they already have a button for it (Vison Control).
Old 06-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

the most annoying thing is when a player on your team gets "pushed" offside.. but I guess it's not a big deal it does happen in real life but not that often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

there's no reason EA could not add the drag feature, it's a very good idea. anything that adds more skill to the game is a win!

also, the physics should address being 'pushed' offside (ea: players should be aware they are being pushed offside and avoid it!)
Old 06-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

offsides is a big part of the game, and it happens a ton in the real game anyway

just learn to not do it
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

how about just not pressing forward on the left stick before the puck crosses

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »