Home

Longevity of NHL 10

This is a discussion on Longevity of NHL 10 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Longevity of NHL 10

I have read that becasue of the lack of variety of the goals and game play that the game gets boring quick. if this is the case I cannot justify the $60 purchase.

For those of you that have the game do you feel this si the case with this game. I had madden 10 and I got bored sooo fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Longevity of NHL 10

It doesn't seem like that for me. You don't get a lot of just plain slap shots going in, but there are a lot of deflection goals. People feel it's like that because online most goals are scored in glitch ways (which is seemingly down lately, IMO). But yeah, when I'm offline, I score in a variety of ways, so I haven't had the issue.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I have read that as well but i see all kinds of goals, deflections, rebounds, slappers, clean wrist shots, i even scored one yesterday that rebounded off my players skate in the goal crease and into the net. I'm talking offline here i don't play online so i can't comment on that.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I see a lot of different goals as well, but have yet to play online so far.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkhatir
I have read that becasue of the lack of variety of the goals and game play that the game gets boring quick. if this is the case I cannot justify the $60 purchase.

For those of you that have the game do you feel this si the case with this game. I had madden 10 and I got bored sooo fast.
I'm not sure about that.
Admittedly I haven't played this game nearly as much as others because I only rented it for 2 weeks. But in that time I saw a wide variety of goals.
Lots of tips, deflections, rebounds and clean goals.
And the puck is very 'live'. It feels very organic and you'll see it flip and flop over sticks and bounces off of feet, sticks, etc. That helps with the variety of goals you'll see.

The main thing that prevented me from wanting this long-term was how whack the Franchise stats are.
Guys like Crosby struggle to get 60 points and terrible teams make the playoffs with the stronger ones struggling to make the postseason.

But I think as far as a pick-up-and-play game, NHL10 is worth the price. Especially now that it's $39.99 CDN at Wal-mart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

This game definitely has some draw backs, but if you're a hockey fan this game is no doubt worth 60 bucks. Hell I've played 350+ games so far and I'm pretty picky when it comes to video games.

11 Wins 2 Loss
1.53 ERA
5 CG
5 SHO
135.2 IP
9 BB
130 SO
.75 WHIP
Old 12-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 38

My only issue with this game is Cpu boosts !
As far as everything else this game is near perfect with great graphics best in any sports game , super deep game modes and excellent support from EA at least offline especially with tuner updates .
And its not easy but once you find your perfect sliders this game has great replay value
Old 12-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Hi dorismary,

Have you played multiple seasons on a BAGM with the Canadiens yet? If so do you know if their center ice changes from the anniversary logo after the first year? That would be cool!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »