Home

Normal v. Hard Core v. Current

This is a discussion on Normal v. Hard Core v. Current within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2009, 04:48 AM   #1
iax
Rookie

OVR: 1
Normal v. Hard Core v. Current

I am slighlty confused with these modes.

I started my season with the Hawks and chose Normal mode and Pro difficulty. When I make alterations to the sliders, the mode changes to Current. Is this telling me that I'm still in Normal but with changed sliders or is it taking me to a completely new mode?

Also, does anyone know what the difference is between Normal and Hard Core apart from the passing? Would it be correct to assume that Hard Core is the same as Normal when the manual passing is turned off and all other sliders are matched ?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Normal v. Hard Core v. Current

They are just slider presets and everytime U change a slider it changes to current which should be called "custom" IMO.

Change from normal to hardcore and scroll through the slider settings to see what has been changed?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by iax

I started my season with the Hawks and chose Normal mode and Pro difficulty. When I make alterations to the sliders, the mode changes to Current. Is this telling me that I'm still in Normal but with changed sliders or is it taking me to a completely new mode?

Also, does anyone know what the difference is between Normal and Hard Core apart from the passing? Would it be correct to assume that Hard Core is the same as Normal when the manual passing is turned off and all other sliders are matched ?

Thanks
You're still in normal just with slider tweaks. Hardcore preset maxes out hitting difficulty making it harder to line up hits and makes the passing less tape to tape. Basically the different gamestyles are slider tweaks.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by iax

Thanks
From what I know its your base settings and when you change anything it changes ,just a preset .

And your 2nd ? its how much help you get from the cpu AI .
Hardcore has no aid hope this helps
Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #5
iax
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys

Firstly, thanks for your help.

I am clear on the first question, but still unsure about the answer to the second question.

Is my assumption correct in that Hard Core and Normal are merely two different set of sliders, which when equalised would offer the same experience. So, let's say I turn passing off in Hard Core and adjust the other sliders so that they match the sliders on Normal - is it going to be the same thing? In other words, is this just a lazy way to choose pre-set sliders without people having to tweak?

OR

Is there any other "hidden" attribute which always differenciates the two EVEN when all other sliders are equal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by iax
So, let's say I turn passing off in Hard Core and adjust the other sliders so that they match the sliders on Normal - is it going to be the same thing? In other words, is this just a lazy way to choose pre-set sliders without people having to tweak?
Those are my questions. To be honest, after playing on both Normal and Hardcore with my slider settings (I don't use the pressure-sensitive passing option), I see no difference in gameplay. I'm inclined to think they're just presets, nothing more. Actually, I would have to go back and check that again, because it is possible to even play on Hardcore with the pressure sensitve passing shut off?

Last edited by baa7; 09-24-2009 at 06:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »