Home

Game is no longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Game is no longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Game is no longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys

I am at the end of my rope with this. I can't figure out what is wrong.

I can play anyone on a standard online versus mode. My cousin can play anyone on a standard online verus mode. BUT If we try to play each other this is the error we get every single time.

I have gone into my router settings. Set my DMZ to a IP. Then opened all the ports EA needs (Ex. 80 to 80). Then linked those ports to my DMZ IP. Then config my xbox to have a static Ip to that IP addy.

Now like I said I can play online. All my games, I can even play NHL 09 online. I ONLY get the "game session no longer" when we go to play each other.

We set up his router the same last night.

Any ideas guys????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Game is no longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went through the same thing with a guy in my league. I believe we fixed it by bringing each friends list below 20 ppl. I don't know why it worked and have no clue what an explanation would be. I would have one of you call EA and ask them directly to ask/verify.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skb182
Went through the same thing with a guy in my league. I believe we fixed it by bringing each friends list below 20 ppl. I don't know why it worked and have no clue what an explanation would be. I would have one of you call EA and ask them directly to ask/verify.
EA crap. This kinda of issue is soooo dumb. How can I play anyone online, he can play anyone online. We both can play any game online agaisnt each other. But when it comes to NHL09. This happens. ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah, well, it is annoying. But what works, works. By the amount of code that put into all the technologies that let us play anyone over the internet on an xb360 on any game, it's surprising that the system doesn't break down more. Sure you give them your money and they should deliever as close to perfect product as possible, but my situation and yours just seem like an anomalies. Took us many hours on how to find out how to play a league game against each other. Oddly enough, we could use the play a friend function just fine.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, well, it is annoying. But what works, works. By the amount of code that put into all the technologies that let us play anyone over the internet on an xb360 on any game, it's surprising that the system doesn't break down more. Sure you give them your money and they should deliever as close to perfect product as possible, but my situation and yours just seem like an anomalies. Took us many hours on how to find out how to play a league game against each other. Oddly enough, we could use the play a friend function just fine.
I just don't see how that could be the issue. I know I have tried many different ports. But friends list just does not seem like the fix. I have to have alot of people on my friends list with leagues I got going on. So deleting people is not really a option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

I understand what you are saying. My best suggestion is to call the EA customer support. The reduction in friends list worked for my situation, at the time. Don't really know why, but the EA rep said something regarding a problem with pinging all those ppl on the friends list. Call them. But I would suggest trying everything you can before, like both playing off the disk, clearing the cache, resetting you connection to xblive,...
Old 03-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
I understand what you are saying. My best suggestion is to call the EA customer support. The reduction in friends list worked for my situation, at the time. Don't really know why, but the EA rep said something regarding a problem with pinging all those ppl on the friends list. Call them. But I would suggest trying everything you can before, like both playing off the disk, clearing the cache, resetting you connection to xblive,...
Thanks for the help skb. Last night we directed connected to his xbox by passing his router and we could play.

It has to be a setting in his router that is causing the conflict. But why it would ONLY cause it when me and him only try to play is kinda strange.

But again thanks for the effort bro.

How has the big N.O. been? I have not passed through in about a year now. It was still banged up pretty bad when I went in 08.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Good to hear that you got that issue fixed and didn't have to waste the time to call up EA tech support, which is always a hit or miss proposal. Probably the router closing up some nesseccary ports. New Orleans is going to be beaten until we can get some industry going that doesn't focus on folks drinking obscene amounts of alcohol and trashing the place. Only thing you can do about storms is keep your fingers crossed and light a candle. NO east still is in shambles, but the rest is doing alright. Mostly cleaned up and ready for more drinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »