Home

All-Star v1.03 sliders - getting great variation so far

This is a discussion on All-Star v1.03 sliders - getting great variation so far within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
All-Star v1.03 sliders - getting great variation so far

edit - should have mentioned in thread title, these sliders play out well only for manual passing.

edit 2-3-10: sliders not looking good with today's revised 1.03 tuner. Back to the drawing board...

I've logged about a dozen games with these sliders. I really am getting great games. The CPU powerplay is tough, but I recently had a game where they went 0/5. Another game 4/4. When they went 0/5 I had to really play defense carefully. Very very minimal tick-tack (CPU boost) passing. Only happens rarely. Scoring has been really varied. Brodeur and Luongo and the like are not super-human. Fatigue really plays a part and you have to be smart with line changes too. Overall, I'm set on 1.03 (which I hated at first) and probably won't tweak these, but time will tell. I feel like 12 games is a nice sample size though. All have been extremely enjoyable games. The goals I score feel great and the goals I give up don't make me frustrated as they seem realistic. I max attribute effects and maybe it's luck, but players are playing like I would expect them to if I were really watching a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman612
Someone asked for my sliders, here they are. I'll post a thread in the sliders forum as well.

5 min periods
penalties 3
post whistle authentic
penalty scaling maxed
fighting 1 or 2 doesn't matter

all-star
tuner latest
cpu aid hardcore
game speed 1
attribute effects maxed (stars shine and I like that - seems realistic)
fatigue effect 5/6
fatigue rec 1/1
injury 3/3
puck control 2/2 (increase hum one click if having trouble)
Acceleration 0/0 (1/0 or 1/1 works well too)

AI learning maxed
cpu diff zero
facoff diff maxed
fight diff 5
cpu penalties 5
cpu teammate penatlies maxed

pass assist n/a (off)
manual pass on
pass speed 2
saucer pass maxed
pass accuracy 4/2 (4 for human is key for v1.03 imo)
pass int 4/4

shot acc 1/1
shot power 4/4
slap acc 2/2
slap power 3/3
one timer 1/1

hit diff maxed
aggression maxed
hit power 0/0
stick lift 2/2
poke eff 3/3

goalie pass 1
cover puck 5
screen maxed
reaction 5/2 (5 is key to combat crazy CPU powerplay on 1.03)

I'm getting good games with 1.03 on all-star in my BAGM. Still outshooting CPU, but I am shot happy and I really think once I got the right pass accuracy I'm getting great results. game speed on 1 is hard for me to enjoy as it feels so slow, but it definitely plays out accurately. It's hard to score goals, but not impossible. I have been getting very realistic fight-in-the-crease goals. I'm sort of up in the air about which I like better 1.01 or 1.03. I'd be curious to know if anyone else enjoys these sliders.
I also post as "Juiceman" (less the 612) to avoid any confusion...eh, not that anyone cares!

Last edited by Juiceman612; 02-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: All-Star v1.03 sliders - getting great variation so far

checked these out. After only one game I fell in love. 4-2 chicago vs. florida. chicago-38 shots florida-28 shots. I actually changed the time from 5 min periods to 8 min periods. Worked nicely. chicago-2/5 PP florida-0/3 PP. Great game overall. I did notice however there 3 co-minors that happened after the whistle but everything else was like a real game. Great job with these dude.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenoMehas
checked these out. After only one game I fell in love. 4-2 chicago vs. florida. chicago-38 shots florida-28 shots. I actually changed the time from 5 min periods to 8 min periods. Worked nicely. chicago-2/5 PP florida-0/3 PP. Great game overall. I did notice however there 3 co-minors that happened after the whistle but everything else was like a real game. Great job with these dude.
To changed the post whistle co-minors as you call it. Just change the after whistle to relaxed instead of authentic.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman612
edit - should have mentioned in thread title, these sliders play out well only for manual passing.

I've logged about a dozen games with these sliders. I really am getting great games. The CPU powerplay is tough, but I recently had a game where they went 0/5. Another game 4/4. When they went 0/5 I had to really play defense carefully. Very very minimal tick-tack (CPU boost) passing. Only happens rarely. Scoring has been really varied. Brodeur and Luongo and the like are not super-human. Fatigue really plays a part and you have to be smart with line changes too. Overall, I'm set on 1.03 (which I hated at first) and probably won't tweak these, but time will tell. I feel like 12 games is a nice sample size though. All have been extremely enjoyable games. The goals I score feel great and the goals I give up don't make me frustrated as they seem realistic. I max attribute effects and maybe it's luck, but players are playing like I would expect them to if I were really watching a game.

I also post as "Juiceman" (less the 612) to avoid any confusion...eh, not that anyone cares!
5 min, I can't image you getting good shot stats on 5 minutes?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
5 min, I can't image you getting good shot stats on 5 minutes?
Well, define good. I think they're awesome.

I'm going for accurate gameplay (somewhat concerned about stats, but more with gameplay) in what I think would mimick a shorter NHL game. Shots are usually pretty close in qty by the end of the game. I have had games where I totally outshoot the CPU, I can't lie about that, but overall that happened twice in the 12 games I played so far w these sliders. Time of possession has been excellent.

And to the other poster - yeah, relaxed will fix the coincidental minors. I go back and forth between authentic and relaxed. Still kind of undecided on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
Well, define good. I think they're awesome.

I'm going for accurate gameplay (somewhat concerned about stats, but more with gameplay) in what I think would mimick a shorter NHL game. Shots are usually pretty close in qty by the end of the game. I have had games where I totally outshoot the CPU, I can't lie about that, but overall that happened twice in the 12 games I played so far w these sliders. Time of possession has been excellent.

And to the other poster - yeah, relaxed will fix the coincidental minors. I go back and forth between authentic and relaxed. Still kind of undecided on that.
no, thats why I'm asking, what have your shot totals been?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
no, thats why I'm asking, what have your shot totals been?
It honestly depends on the matchup. I've had 14-12 (hu-cpu), I've had 28-10. I've also had 14-21 and CPU as low as 9 in one other game. Because of the matchups and the variation you get in this game regardless of sliders, the shots vary game-to-game by quite a bit.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenoMehas
Great man. I'm glad you like them. Let me know if you get any bad results- weak goals, cheap cpu defense, etc. I did try one 7 minute period game and results were still good. I just play 5 min because I don't have a ton of free time to play the longer period games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »