Home

NCAA Rosters

This is a discussion on NCAA Rosters within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
Rookie

phatkroger10's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Rosters

I'm looking into doing NCAA Hockey rosters for NHL 14. I'm more than willing to do this project because I'm a huge college hockey fan but I need some input.

#1) How should I do the ratings?
A) Totally stand-alone: Best-players in 90s, worst in 60s-70s?
B) In accordance with EA's NHL 14 rosters: Best in mid-70s, worst in 50s?
C) As an extension of Revamped: Best in mid/low-60s, worst in 40s?
Please keep in mind that if you prefer Revamped, these rosters will be dependent on those getting done.
My current roster file: HERE

#2) My intent is for this to be a season mode/tournament roster. It is currently impossible to have more than 30 teams in one league, so I intend on initially only releasing 30 custom teams. Should I add other teams in the NLA to have close to all 59 teams, or do 30 and update it for the NCAA tournament (because I would skip all Atlantic Hockey, and one of them will guaranteed make it in)?

My current list of teams: HERE

#3) College hockey is only broadcasted on a limited basis. I live in Minnesota, so I am pretty familiar with the (former) WCHA/NCHC, but don't know much about HE, ECAC, or (former) CCHA. I would certainly need help in projecting (UNBIASED) ratings for those teams.

#4) I know many would prefer named rosters, but would it be better to just use players likeness so the roster is more timeless? i.e. C #10, RW #7, LW #19, etc.

#5) There are things that I am unwilling to do for every team, but would welcome any help/suggestions I get. Player equipment (I will ensure every player wears a cage, I don't believe full shield is possible), cyberfaces, jersey critiquing, goalie pads, custom schedules (if someone could use the EA DB Editor and get this to work, I could probably do it), sound packs (I would gladly do some mixing for you if you give me the files), etc.

I would really like to do this. It's always been a dream of mine to see an NCAA type video game, but I definitely need help! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I should be able to convert this to be 360 and PS3 compatible, but I would only be able to test on 360.

GO SIOUX!
National Champions: '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, '16

Last edited by phatkroger10; 01-30-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Mac910's Arena

Re: NCAA Rosters

If you need help with ratings for HE, I can be your guy... help with jerseys and such
Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

phatkroger10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac910
If you need help with ratings for HE, I can be your guy... help with jerseys and such
I would really appreciate your help with that. I will whip up some google docs/spreadsheets to determine players/ratings, etc.

Do you have any preference on anything else?

GO SIOUX!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Mac910's Arena

I think it should be standalone so best in 90s..... and then with player naming... I think that you should name them... all of the rosters are accessible online... and It would be cooler. And do you plan to do all 58 DI teams
Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
Rookie

phatkroger10's Arena

Quote:
I think it should be standalone so best in 90s..... and then with player naming... I think that you should name them... all of the rosters are accessible online... and It would be cooler. And do you plan to do all 58 DI teams
It would be very tricky to do all 59 teams. NHL only supports 30 custom teams, so any other team would have to be placed over an existing team, using their jerseys. My intention would to do a 30 (of the best) teams, then see what I can do for a 59 team release. I'll monkey around with it tonight.

GO SIOUX!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Mac910's Arena

I would go to USCHO... CLick Pairwise rankings and make the top 30 but BU needs to be in there if they arent in the top 30
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Rookie

phatkroger10's Arena

Quote:
I would go to USCHO... CLick Pairwise rankings and make the top 30 but BU needs to be in there if they arent in the top 30
Check the OP and let me know what you think. I will be making various edits to it. And will probably add a roster link soon.

GO SIOUX!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Mac910's Arena

Are you good with like nhlview, but should I put a y or n on the google doc

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »