Home

NHL 11: Rosters becoming more customizable

This is a discussion on NHL 11: Rosters becoming more customizable within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NHL 11: Rosters becoming more customizable

I did a search and didn't see it being discussed anywhere. Perhaps it's been overlooked because everyone just wanted to play the game the first day it was out. I went into Edit Player and found some stuff roster editors will enjoy.

For starters, you can assign a player to a Pro (NHL) team. So they will show up as 'in the system' even if they are not on your NHL or AHL roster. You can now edit the Height, Weight, Origin, Handedness and Position.

In the ratings screen, there are a couple changes. Nothing new for goalies, but for skaters; Strength rating replaces Toughness, Hand-Eye replaces Deflections, and two new ratings: Fighting Skill and Stick Checking.

Now tell me I missed the post, someone already posted this and that's I'm a monkey. I swear I haven't seen it anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 11: Rosters becoming more customizable

hmm i gotta check this out... i really cant wait to do more customizing
Old 09-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Been debating whether to get this version or stick with 10. Does anyone know what the cap on created players is this year, or if we can create helmetless players? It would also be cool to make custom teams with actual defunct logos and jerseys - Whalers, Seals, Jets for example.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSMR
Been debating whether to get this version or stick with 10. Does anyone know what the cap on created players is this year, or if we can create helmetless players? It would also be cool to make custom teams with actual defunct logos and jerseys - Whalers, Seals, Jets for example.
No idea about CAPs.. but I'm sure I saw somewhere.. supposed to be unlimited but I don't believe that.. probably around 150-200 like usual. No helmetless players.

Custom teams with whalers, seals, jets, even some alternate logos for teams are possible! You even get those logos on center ice after you create the teams which's way better than EA's logo! I even made a newer Jets uniform (they got the older one) looked awesome and playing on a ice with the logo on.. damn now that is a thing of beauty!

I would say get NHL 11, it beats 10 big time!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Wow sounds like I may have to grab this one. Don't know why they have to cap the created players but, sounds like almost everything else if covered. Thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

One thing I noticed this year is they removed the Dangler player type and I'd really like to know why?? It just seems weird.
Frontier League baseball: London Rippers
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_rad13
One thing I noticed this year is they removed the Dangler player type and I'd really like to know why?? It just seems weird.
Because EA is infamous for removing stuff from their games? They do it every year and it never makes it any less frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »