Home

Some players are incredibly overvalued

This is a discussion on Some players are incredibly overvalued within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Some players are incredibly overvalued

For instance, the current thorn in my side is the fact that Jason Missianen is incredibly overpriced. I guess this is because he is tall, and if you train him consistently that is an advantage but the guy got sent to the ECHL for most of last year after he could not cut it in Hartford and he is the last player I need on the Wolfpack to complete the collection. I live in CT, and go to games all the time. I just want to complete the collection, and I need an untrained Missianen. Anyone have one for trade or sale? There are many other examples of this. It is just kind of frustrating. I also wanted to see if anyone else was frustrated by stuff like this with Ultimate Team this year. On PS4 btw.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

Last edited by garyjr33; 09-30-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Some players are incredibly overvalued

thats why i dont play fut
Old 10-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The only collections that are worth completing are the NHL collections, and even then, you still don't have a very good chance of getting a "roster player" out of those reward gold mini packs. More than likely, you'll just get a bunch of mediocre players rated 85/86 overall and below.

Silver and bronze collection reward packs only give you more useless silver and bronze cards.

And since you can't trade or sell any of your collection reward cards, they are even more useless.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:43 AM   #4
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The only collections that are worth completing are the NHL collections, and even then, you still don't have a very good chance of getting a "roster player" out of those reward gold mini packs. More than likely, you'll just get a bunch of mediocre players rated 85/86 overall and below.

Silver and bronze collection reward packs only give you more useless silver and bronze cards.

And since you can't trade or sell any of your collection reward cards, they are even more useless.
I highly highly disagree with this.

Card collecting is work and time consuming and up to you how you want to do it, maybe you'd rather drop $80 on packs. Now I did get rather lucky early opening a couple 90K guys.

But if you are diligent enough you can make money while collecting packs. What I typically do is start by copying and pasting roster guide of the team. and will go in and set buy now to 200, then 300 and so forth and buy all the cheap guys I can. Cross them off the list, at the end quick sell em you lose like 50 coins. Then I make sure that I can always sell anyone over 10K back for what I buy at least, and I write it down. Youre likely gonna lose out in jersey buying but collecting rosters is a steal.

I have opened Kessel, Datsyuk, Ladd, E Kane, Skinner. Now thats not a ton when considering the time it took, but in opening Kessel not only was that 90 ovr player but he allowed me to complete a Leafs collection that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford.

Its fun to do and if you have enough bank at like 130 coins/value on your roster I highly recommend it if this is your mode of choice as you often will end with within 1000 coins as you had before you started.

The packs are 8 cards with 4 rare's iirc. From what I've seen its 4 player/4 consumables and you might get the odd pack here where its all rare consumables/jerseys, but collecting even half the league is over 100 free packs.

One thing you do want to do before starting is use up your contracts and such empty out that inbox otherwise you're gonna lose a lot of coins cause the free packs are quick sell for 0. Obviously if youre a casual HUT player this isn't for you, but a HUT only type player if youre not collecting packs your missing out.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Rookie

iamcline's Arena

Want to see an overvalued card? Go look up Connor McDavid's card. Ridiculoussssss...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
I have opened Kessel, Datsyuk, Ladd, E Kane, Skinner. Now thats not a ton when considering the time it took, but in opening Kessel not only was that 90 ovr player but he allowed me to complete a Leafs collection that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford.
Getting a Kessel-quality card from these collection rewards packs is extremely rare, especially now that these Team of the Week cards full of tough guys and 3rd/4th line grinders are frequently taking up the "rare" item spots.

I've done all the NHL collections except for Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Tampa, which totals 184 reward packs opened.

And yet the only card I've received that was rated a 90 overall or above is Sergei Bobrovsky, a goalie who isn't even as good as a boosted Anders Lindbäck that would cost 350 coins.

The vast majority of players I've gotten from these packs are 86-85 overall and below.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-23-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
Banned

When I buy a gold pack (8750) all I get is high 70's low 80's cards. Oddly I've pulled a few mid 80's cards from bronze reward packs, go figure. Clearly EA rigged the packs after NHL 14. I would occasionally pull a high 80's card in a gold pack, not anymore.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcline
Want to see an overvalued card? Go look up Connor McDavid's card. Ridiculoussssss...
His card last year from the OHL was ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »