Home

CPU vs. CPU Sliders | FIFA 21

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU Sliders | FIFA 21 within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello everybody,

we (a friend and me) are organizing a FIFA-based Football Manager game in german online forum and we're heading towards our tenth season. It basically means: you are the coach/team manager and you have to pick a formation, a tactic, choose the players etc and send it to us and we simulate the games. Of course you can trade players aswell, but that has nothing to do with this thread. ;-)

Like almost every year we are trying to find the perfect sliders for CPU vs. CPU simulation.

Perfect means:

- It has to look realistic. We don't wand an arcade game, but we don't want to watch boring 0:0s all time, either.
- The numbers have to add up. It shouldn't just look and feel realistic, we want to statistics to be not to far from a real game. Of course we are limited because of the reduced time, etc, but we try to come as close as possible to the real world.

- The tactics should be visible. It's important that the tactic you choose (high presse i.e) makes a difference. A visible difference.

- And much more, but that would be too much for now. ;-)
Right now (the big pre-season draft only two weeks ahead) we are still trying to find those perfect sliders. Right now we are playing with:

Spoiler

What we're lacking so far:
- There a too few long distance shot. The players are alomost only trying to shoot from inside the box. This means the shooting statistics are way off.

- The central midfielders doesn't participate enough when the own team is in defence. I know that this problem has been adressed in other threads aswell, but we haven't found a solution that works in CPU vs. CPU games.

- There are too little crosses - in our current set of sliders we made crosses work a bit better, but there still could be more.

- There are too many long and high passes. We alredy reduced that aswell, but they still happen quite too often.
Also the game is a bit too wide (which we will try to fix via the Width-Slider) and lacks a bit of dynamic (which we will try to fix via the Passing Speed-Slider)

What we'd like to know: Is anyone playing the game similar to us, which means: simulating it entirely? CPU vs. CPU? And has anyone found solutions to our problems, figured out his/her own set of sliders who made the game look and feel more realistic? Or are there any tips in general to make it better? We appreciate any input you have. Thank you very much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
Rookie

I have noticed that on Professional difficulty that there’s are a lot more crosses and shots from outside the box. Which to me makes the game look more realistic. The only problem I have encountered is that some of the defenders become pretty stupid. And can let players pretty much walk past them. So for me it’s a game of give and take. I just could not put up with the lack of crosses and shots playing on WC or Legendary. Also I’m seeing more fouls on professional too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Dazza1; 10-22-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:24 AM   #3
Just started!

Re: CPU vs. CPU Sliders | FIFA 21

How long do you have your half length?
Old 10-23-2020, 02:13 AM   #4
Rookie

8 minutes.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #5
Rookie

just tried these sliders on World Class but human vs CPU and the midfield seems slightly improved, helping the defensive .. it was just a placebo or .. ?! .. but the pace of the game was kind of slow, generally(played on normal and Tele Broadcast) ..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

So, you are doing Sims or Quick Sims for these games and sliders?
Old 11-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #7
Rookie

We're doing the regular sims in the friendley-game menu (sorry, i dont know the english expression in FIFA...in german it's "Anstoss".) - quick sims are only available in the career mode, right? And we are not using that.

@BatsBike1314: yeah, it might be a bit slow, but that's what we're looking for, actually. We are rather looking for a simulation than an arcade game and tend to go a bit too slow rather than going a bit too fast.

To give you an update: we're a little bit lost right know. We're still testing but the latest patch changed a lot. Know we are waiting for the next one. While the "CDMs not tracking back issue"-was a little bit resolved by the last patch, we have to few crosses, too few goals resulting from crosses and especially way to few shots.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Will these work for only controlling the GK or does anyone know where I can find these type of sliders.

Thanks in advance much appreciated

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »