Home

Pro or WC? Slow or Normal? (for best sim experience)

This is a discussion on Pro or WC? Slow or Normal? (for best sim experience) within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Pro or WC? Slow or Normal? (for best sim experience)

Posting this in the sliders section because I feel like it belongs here, even though I'm not looking for a discussion of specific sliders. Where I'm caught is between the levels and game speeds in the thread title. (Sorry I'm no superstar, superstars need not apply)

Other background info you should know:
*I prefer to play ALL manual
*I prefer to play 15 minute halves but will drop to 10 if I want to grind out multiple career matches
*I am probably average skill. I am 37 and have given up playing online.

So what I am asking is, assuming you can tailor the details to your liking with sliders, which settings provide the better experience in recreating real like? Beefed up Pro or slightly needed World Class? Slow with raising some speed values or Normal with dropping some speed values?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Pro or WC? Slow or Normal? (for best sim experience)

I'll share my thoughts at present. I am at the beginning of Year 3 with my LA Galaxy. I did very well with transfers and a couple youth players and feel like I should be the favorite and contending for a long time.

I played most of year 1 and half of year 2 on Pro, playing most of the matches. When it was getting too easy with a 10 point lead in the standings with several matches to go, i bumped it up to WC without changing any sliders and did well in a few matches. Don't remember losing until the MLS Final. Starting year 3 now World Class just feels cheap even with an improved roster. I've scouted opponents so I know their ratings are not way past mine (or not even at all in most matchups).

What I like about WC: matches have more variety, and not to say they are all out attacking, they will even back off and let me possess when not threatening, but overall CPU is more of a threat obviously, tighter defensively in my final third and dangerous on the counter or when they are attacking after slower build up

What I CAN NOT STAND about WC (the reason for this post): they are psychic. Like super psychic, to where I'm not sure sliders can fix it. I'm struggling way harder than I feel I should to get past a defender, and the next one is right there if I do. I have to put my passes right on the money and even then I can only string together a couple until EVERY lane is shut down. Somehow my teammates became dumber as the AI got smarter as well. And I know it's a game and programmed to react to my inputs not the visuals on screen, but there's got to be a way to keep the challenge of WC without feeling as though they're constantly one step ahead and in front of me.

(Remember, I'm average at best, I'm sure there are plenty laughing at me for saying this, but I'm hoping there are a few out there who will know what I'm talking about and I want to hear your thoughts!)
Old 09-02-2020, 12:23 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
Slow with raising some speed values or Normal with dropping some speed values?
SLOW with DROPPING speed values. Definitely.

The game is far, far faster than any football simulation should be. Always has been. This is understandable, since the game length is much shorter than in real life, but we can still preserve this while making it far slower, which will be more realistic.

Regarding difficulty, I think the most important thing is making it a good challenge for you. I don't know which would be the most realistic, but I'd gladly pick the "less realistic" difficulty if it was the most balanced for my skill level. Winning every game or losing every game is no fun.

BTW, it's better to start at a higher difficulty level then use sliders to tame it if needed instead of starting at lower difficulty and trying to make it hard with sliders. There's some big things like aggression and offensive awareness that you'll only get from the CPU at higher levels. If you try to increase a lower difficulty with sliders, the opponents might get physically overpowered, but they'll still be dumb.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 09-02-2020 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
Just started!

Hello if you use slow normal or fast it's the animation that slows down or speeds up mostly. Also acceleration dose too. One thing you can do is if you if you set any slider if you are using slow add 2 acceleration to CPU and user. If you use fast down 2 acceleration too user and CPU. You will feel slow become normal fast become normal too but with a different feeling too normal. I have used that in FIFA 19 and FIFA 18 too.

Also someone mentioned about the time of half's being cut short than real life. Yes that's true with making any sports game. Actually when you think about it EA could simulate FUTSUL if they wanted to because I'm pretty sure it's around 10mins half's anyway. I liked playing FUTSUL in real life your always under pressure. I'm not sure they don't want too move away from the arcade simulation though they cut out slow dribbling and of course sliders for that too.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:18 PM   #5
Just started!

I forgot to mention when it takes longer to Accelerate the chance of reaching full speed before the offside trap decrease's so that's a major reason why the game feels much slower it may be a obvious statement but it's important to know. Players still can reach the speed setting in your speed value let's say speed setting 50 will be the same at slow normal or fast or I can't see any speed difference. I haven't put a stop watch and timed players there are markings on the pitch which you can use as reference as distance if you think about it. I'm pretty sure At 50 speed top speed is around 36 KMPH or around 22mph. Sometimes in some updates speed values change but rarely(which means sprint speed 50 is actually 46).
Also momentum of players still stay the same at fast,normal or slow. What comes before you reach your full momentum what slider value you use is acceleration that affects not just speed too a greater degree than you most likely think. You may think what is this guy who posted this on but you should really listen on what I'm saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »