Home

Real Simulation Sliders for the Modern Game - FIFA20

This is a discussion on Real Simulation Sliders for the Modern Game - FIFA20 within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-29-2020, 02:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Real Simulation Sliders for the Modern Game - FIFA20

In developing these sliders, I've looked at 4 main things to get as close to a real simulation of the modern football game. Pace, Space (or lack of), Engagement & Transition.

PACE: The pace of the ball and movement of players has been closely monitored and compared to side by side in viewing many football matches on a screen next to FIFA 20 in order to get the balance right. I have slowed it down so that a game can go from a walking pace, but can accelerate at any given time into a frenzy....Change of pace is critical to emulate the modern game.

SPACE: In the modern game....there isn't much space at all. The space between the defensive back line to the forward line is very compact, and very rarely stretches more than 40m-50m. Most teams play between a 30m-40m compactness between the back line - forward line. It makes teams hard to break down, and requires opposition that can transition quickly from defense to attack a chance to stretch a defense. All sliders I've used in the past and the vanilla version of FIFA are terrible at this crucial part of the game.

ENGAGEMENT: In the modern game, all players defend and all players attack. There are exceptions to the rule, however, most teams play total football. These sliders have all players engaged in defense and attack

TRANSITION: In order to break down teams and stretch them...defending teams need to transition into attack quickly and hit on the counter to open up chances. Hold meaningless possession creates very little chances as a team will bunker down in defense and close up all the space so that there are very few chances.

All of these attributes was what I have been looking at in order to create sliders that represent the modern game. I have played at a semi professional level and coached at an amateur level...and am a keen student of the coaching game. I find that most community sliders don't look at critical aspects of the game in recreating what the modern game is all about. Please give them a try and let me know what you think.

set V 1.5 28/06/20

Speed - SLOW
Level - LEGENDARY
Half Length - 15 minutes

Sprint Speed: 42/42
Acceleration: 52/52
Shot Error: 75/75
Pass Error: 50/50
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 65/65
Injury Severity: 45/45
Goalkeeper Ability: 50/50
Marking: 70/70
Run Frequency: 5/5
Line Height: 80/80
Line Length: 10/10
Line Width: 45/45
Fullback Positioning: 10/10
First Touch Control: 60/60

Shorter Halves Set V 1.1 21/06/20
Speed - SLOW
Level - LEGENDARY
Half Length - 6 min

Shot Error: 60/60
Pass Speed: 42/42
Injury Frequency: 65/65
Run Frequency: 40/40
Line Width: 45/45
Fullback Positioning: 20/20

Last edited by jumbonote; 06-28-2020 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Real Simulation Sliders for the Modern Game - FIFA20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbonote
In developing these sliders, I've looked at 4 main things to get as close to a real simulation of the modern football game. Pace, Space (or lack of), Engagement & Transition.

PACE: The pace of the ball and movement of players has been closely monitored and compared to side by side in viewing many football matches on a screen next to FIFA 20 in order to get the balance right. I have slowed it down so that a game can go from a walking pace, but can accelerate at any given time into a frenzy....Change of pace is critical to emulate the modern game.

SPACE: In the modern game....there isn't much space at all. The space between the defensive back line to the forward line is very compact, and very rarely stretches more than 40m-50m. Most teams play between a 30m-40m compactness between the back line - forward line. It makes teams hard to break down, and requires opposition that can transition quickly from defense to attack a chance to stretch a defense. All sliders I've used in the past and the vanilla version of FIFA are terrible at this crucial part of the game.

ENGAGEMENT: In the modern game, all players defend and all players attack. There are exceptions to the rule, however, most teams play total football. These sliders have all players engaged in defense and attack

TRANSITION: In order to break down teams and stretch them...defending teams need to transition into attack quickly and hit on the counter to open up chances. Hold meaningless possession creates very little chances as a team will bunker down in defense and close up all the space so that there are very few chances.

All of these attributes was what I have been looking at in order to create sliders that represent the modern game. I have played at a semi professional level and coached at an amateur level...and am a keen student of the coaching game. I find that most community sliders don't look at critical aspects of the game in recreating what the modern game is all about. Please give them a try and let me know what you think.

Speed - SLOW
Level - LEGENDARY

Shot Error: 80/80
Pass Speed: 48/48
Injury Frequency: 75/75
Run Frequency: 5/5
Line Width: 40/40
Fullback Positioning: 10/10

First of all these are good.

These are just a little difficult for me on legendary, but I don’t want to play world class as it’s too easy. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifatas
First of all these are good.

These are just a little difficult for me on legendary, but I don’t want to play world class as it’s too easy. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance

Thank you. Yes, the gameplay is much harder as there is very little space given and one might need to change their style of play from current default sliders in order to create chances and win games. To open up a defense, you may need to defend well and counter with quick attacks to stretch the opposition defense. I also think that playing longer games (12 minute halves) will allow you to not rush and be more patient in attack.

To make it slightly easier to play by changing slider values, maybe increase your acceleration to 53 to give you that slight edge that is largely unnoticeable in its discrepancy between the AI and you. You could also decrease your shot error a little whilst leaving the AI at 80.

You could also bump up the passing error of the AI a few notches....I like it at 50 as the AI then focuses on possession and can execute some amazing moves. Increasing the error of passing too much makes the AI play very direct, and they hold less possession and often give up the ball with under hit passes too frequently particularly in the second half for some reason. Keeping it at 50 will allow a gameplay where the possession stats will be like real life without the User overly dominating possession.

Hope this helps
Old 05-30-2020, 01:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbonote
Thank you. Yes, the gameplay is much harder as there is very little space given and one might need to change their style of play from current default sliders in order to create chances and win games. To open up a defense, you may need to defend well and counter with quick attacks to stretch the opposition defense. I also think that playing longer games (12 minute halves) will allow you to not rush and be more patient in attack.

To make it slightly easier to play by changing slider values, maybe increase your acceleration to 53 to give you that slight edge that is largely unnoticeable in its discrepancy between the AI and you. You could also decrease your shot error a little whilst leaving the AI at 80.

You could also bump up the passing error of the AI a few notches....I like it at 50 as the AI then focuses on possession and can execute some amazing moves. Increasing the error of passing too much makes the AI play very direct, and they hold less possession and often give up the ball with under hit passes too frequently particularly in the second half for some reason. Keeping it at 50 will allow a gameplay where the possession stats will be like real life without the User overly dominating possession.

Hope this helps

Thank you , working good now

Old 05-30-2020, 04:24 AM   #5
Rookie

How does this sliders perform with manual controls? Do you have a proposal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2020, 06:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolo14
How does this sliders perform with manual controls? Do you have a proposal?
I've only tested on assisted passing and semi assisted shooting. Will give manual a try....would increase the difficulty no doubt
Old 05-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #7
Rookie

I'm finding the gameplay allot different from community sliders and the vanilla version....allot more challenging without skewing sliders so there is a discrepancy between user and com....this set will work well for those that feel legendary is too easy.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
Old 05-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #8
Rookie

I really like these sliders. I've played a couple games and it is definitely harder to score and create chances. You can't just run past players and have an easy shot. I'm also not able to counter attack every time I gain possession. Legendary was always too easy for me using default sliders as well as community sliders. It was easy to win. With this set, I really have to adapt my gameplay. I cannot dominate teams that are on a similar level star rating as mine. I've also noticed different variety of play from the AI.
I really hope you keep these sliders in development to make them even better because they are really good. Please stick to tough and realistic gameplay without slider discrepancies between User and CPU. I'm willing to learn how to play better as long as the sliders provide tough realistic gameplay without discrepancies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »