Home

Gnemi's FIFA 16 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Gnemi's FIFA 16 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Gnemi's FIFA 16 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders

Here are the basic outcomes I'm pursuing for my career mode sliders, with a couple house rules and caveats:

Updated on 12/22 for Patch 1.05

THE BASICS
  1. My career is with Everton and my goal, immediately, is to work on the Academy and innovative transfers to compete for a place in Europe.
  2. I don't recommend using these sliders with anything other than 10 minute halves.
  3. The metrics that matter to me: I'd like to see 20 shots and 2.5 goals per game average. While noting that shots are not calculated accurately, I still want to see 20 total chances, even anecdotally measured.
  4. I use World Class difficulty for home fixtures and Legendary for away. For cup ties, I use World Class if I'm playing against second tier clubs, Legendary for the top flight. I don't change anything else. Literally just WC/Legendary.
  5. I generally ignore any stats related to pass percentages, shot accuracy, and possession.

THE SETTINGS - Current Set (v6):

Controls: All Manual (Semi-Assisted is also fine, especially as training wheels)
Defending: Tactical
Time: 10 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Difficulty: World Class (Home) and Legendary (Away)

Sprint - 34/34
Acceleration - 48/48
Shot Error - 55/55
Pass Error - 58/60
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 42/42
GK Ability - 10/10
Marking - 65/65
Run Frequency - 35/35
Line Height - 60/60
Line Length - 50/50
Line Width - 50/50
Fullbacks - 40/40
First Touch - 55/60
Power Bar* - 55

* Personal preference, related to Pass Speed offset

What's the story here?

The more I play FIFA 16, the more I sincerely believe in the faulty logic of whack-a-mole slider testing. First and foremost, no two games are the same. Even in FIVE games, you might not find two that play the same way. I've immensely enjoyed so many of the experiments we've conducted as a group on the Community thread, but personally speaking, I hit the diminishing returns stage of these experiments in the last week.

Among these v6 sliders, the ideas I like the most in terms of how they affect my own gameplay are lowered sprint speed and higher marking. With 1.05 - and I don't think I'm alone in this frustration - EA brought back the feeling of ice skating and it's fairly pronounced. Lowering sprint speed too far makes the game look bad in other ways, so I've found 32-34 to be a perfect compromise.

Having played FIFA for so many years now, I know that I have a particular way of playing. I tend to favor short passes and build-up play with fairly occasional risky/speculative long balls. I try to work inside-out like a boxer, not because that's how the CPU responds to my attacking, but rather because I enjoy it! If I'm unsuccessful in midfield operation, I'll whip in a few crosses from the wings. These sliders allow me to try both tactics with sufficiently modest success.

Defensively, I am pleased enough with Tactical and 1.05 that I can both zonally mark and grab my share of tackles. Another trait of FIFA 16 that I've actually found very positive is that, somewhat regardless of the sliders I've experimented with this year, the CPU always manages to "get theirs."

One final word: Legendary is still subject to more results so I can decide just how committed I am to using it for Away fixtures, but right now I'm doing it.

Older Sets:

Spoiler

What's the deal here?
I'd like to see some goals get scored and higher pass error for CPU leads to erratic crosses. Keepers are bionic this year and they're the antichrist of reasonable goals per game averages. With regards to pass speed, this is arguably the single most important slider this year. At defaults, the CPU blazes the hard-driven passes around like it's NBA Jam. When either human AI or CPU are marking too closely, they get burned by burst, in particular out on the wings. It cuts both ways and it's one of the biggest flaws in the game.

NOTE: Most my efforts here are built from and based around community dialog and the tireless, thankless experimentation from Matt et al.

Last edited by Gnemi; 12-22-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

Re: Gnemi's FIFA 16 House of Hybrid | Career Mode Sliders

Hey man I want to give these a go, is the patch necessary? Only reason I ask is I don't have Internet so can't get it.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatefighter
Hey man I want to give these a go, is the patch necessary? Only reason I ask is I don't have Internet so can't get it.
Yes, indeed. Before the patch, Matt's Version #7 was probably my favorite.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'll keep it simple here. I was starting to use a spreadsheet for my sliders but then figured I'd share. After the 1.02 patch, this game plays excellent at near defaults with only a few exceptions, addressed below.
Eager to give these a go tonight. I've enjoyed following your feedback in the community thread.

Honestly I am so tired of worry about sliders. I desperately just want to be able to PLAY the game. It's not perfect, no set will make it perfect--so get it as close as we can and just roll with it and enjoy it.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Eager to give these a go tonight. I've enjoyed following your feedback in the community thread.

Honestly I am so tired of worry about sliders. I desperately just want to be able to PLAY the game. It's not perfect, no set will make it perfect--so get it as close as we can and just roll with it and enjoy it.
Keep in mind, I'm one of the staunchest advocates of "keep it as close to default sliders as possible."

I created this thread, in part, not to derail Matt's thread with a difference in ideology. I do not like the ultra slow passing speeds whatsoever. I have used the v1 sliders posted above for 8 games in my career and it's producing exactly the right contextual results I'd expect. I'm also enjoying the hell out of FIFA 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Your set is pretty close to what my own personal set is. I like the my values to not stray to far from the default values like you. I just feel like I get a more enjoying experience overall honestly.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Keep in mind, I'm one of the staunchest advocates of "keep it as close to default sliders as possible."

I created this thread, in part, not to derail Matt's thread with a difference in ideology. I do not like the ultra slow passing speeds whatsoever. I have used the v1 sliders posted above for 8 games in my career and it's producing exactly the right contextual results I'd expect. I'm also enjoying the hell out of FIFA 16.
Ditto I have actually played with a similar setup for a couple days now and after 28 league games in my current season am extremely happy with it. Am currently in 2019 already, simmed a lot in the previous seasons and now have a squad i actually enjoy playing with and a few academy guys worth taking to the pitch. For me at least i feel like i have 11 individuals on the pitch with vastly differing strengths (especially since i am still not a top club, my best players are in the 77,78 range and some starters low 70s). Heck, i am currently often playing a 67 rated academy striker who is unique due to being 6ī7. Decent physically (even speed/acc around 70) and is damn rangy in close, gets on a lot of balls due to his long legs.

Where i differ is that i play with a few more helps active still (sat out both FIFA 14 and 15 and played a ton of FUT early, just now adjusting to offline a little better) and thus a few more "punishments" for me in terms of shot error and the likes (but nothing major)

- actually the GK ability at 1/1 based on the suggestion in the Community thread. I do get the occasional weird moment and it has been an adjustment not being able to rely for my keeper to continue stringing together 8+ rating games with 10+ saves, but thatīs the thing: Real Goalkeepers actually do not save as many tough balls as you would think. Now i have lots of goals that feel "real" in that the GK actually fails to save the ball, rather than the striker hitting it so awesome that the GK has no shot despite spider-man-capabilities. A 1:1 oportunity or a player getting onto a cross is still not a guranteed goal, but there is a very good chance for a score now even on less than perfect shots. Especially shots that go low or high.

- marking a tad higher (alternating between 40 and 45 based on quality of opponent) to get at least some semblance of pressure.

- I have also begun assigning a 2nd controller to the cpu team and change their tactics and the more serious lineup blunders (remember that i am in 2019 already with some tactics not fitting the style of the teams anymore)

to give some ideas regarding the Goals/Keeper comments:

the 2nd Hoffenheim goal has the keeper beaten at the near post after comitting to the other side, my 4th goal is a routine save for the "default" keeper but is the type of shot that in real life often goes in (the ball curls away and then into the bottom corner). Also the 3rd Hoffenheim goal (the header) does not happen with heavily adjusted passing sliders. I actually was happy to concede that, simply a stunningly dynamic cross and header, hats off

Last edited by Whomario; 10-12-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

So you do not recommend using this set on 15 minutes halves? I also would like to just keep it at world class regardless for the game. Is that a no no as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »