Home

Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min)

This is a discussion on Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min) within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min)

These sliders are designed for people who want to have challenging games on career mode on 6 minute halves. They aren't trying to achieve realism or simulation. The purpose of the sliders is to make the game fun. I have developed and tested them throughout several seasons in my career mode.

Despite being a pretty good football gamer, I found World Class mode frustrating and a bit too hard. If you feel the same, but don't want to up the game length, then these sliders might be for you.

Difficulty: World Class
Half length: 6 minutes
Speed: Normal
Controls: Default assisted & semi-assisted (users preference)

Gameplay Sliders (Human/CPU)

Sprint Speed: 45/45 to 50/50*** (I recommend 50/50 if you have a 'superstar' team like Barca or Real Madrid. The sprint speed will need to be adjusted otherwise. Taking it down makes the game easier, but always keep the Human and CPU ratings the same)
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 50/50
Pass Error: 50/50
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 50/50
Injury Frequency: 60/75
Injury Severity: 45/45
GK Ability: 50/10
Marking: 50/40
Run Frequency: 50/50
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 50/50
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
Powerbar-User: 50
First Touch Control: 50/50

Explanation of the sliders:
I feel that FIFA plays pretty well out of the box, so I have tried to keep most things as close to default as possible, especially the positioning. Reducing sprint speed seems to balance the game. I have reduced marking and GK ability to make it easier for the user to attack and score goals. You still need to play good football, but when you do you will be rewarded. It's still tough to defend (I deliberately haven't changed much), but on 6 minute halves there needs to be a balance in order for there to be chances/goals at both ends.

(note: If you are still struggling against the CPU in career mode with these sliders you could try decreasing CPU acceleration to 49)

Unlike most sliders, which use legendary and bump up the CPU pass error, my sliders use world class and the default passing sliders. I just think it feels better, and its still possible to force the CPU into making mistakes with the passing.

Ultimately each player is different so you might need to tweak a couple of things, but I would recommend sticking with the defualt settings for at least 10 games before you consider any changes. The CPU ability can vary drastically from game to game in career mode, and its hard to formulate sliders based on single games (it also makes creating sliders difficult!).

Credit to others on here, in particular Orion and drunkenferret, I used plenty of sets of sliders and and reviewed your comments in formulating these sliders. The good sliders on here are great for longer games. I wanted something that was a blast for 6 minute halves.

Feel free to post feedback, good or bad. Thanks and good luck!

Last edited by pacers101; 07-15-2014 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Updated sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min)

Updated. These sliders are giving me brilliant games in my career mode.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacers101
These sliders are designed for people who want to have challenging games on career mode on 6 minute halves. They aren't trying to achieve realism or simulation. The purpose of the sliders is to make the game fun. I have developed and tested them throughout several seasons in my career mode.

Despite being a pretty good football gamer, I found World Class mode frustrating and a bit too hard. If you feel the same, but don't want to up the game length, then these sliders might be for you.

Difficulty: World Class
Half length: 6 minutes
Speed: Normal
Controls: Default assisted & semi-assisted (users preference)

Gameplay Sliders (Human/CPU)

Sprint Speed: 45/45
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 50/50
Pass Error: 50/50
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 50/50
Injury Frequency: 60/75
Injury Severity: 45/45
GK Ability: 50/10
Marking: 50/40
Run Frequency: 50/50
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 50/50
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
Powerbar-User: 50
First Touch Control: 50/50

Explanation of the sliders:
I feel that FIFA plays pretty well out of the box, so I have tried to keep most things as close to default as possible, especially the positioning. Reducing sprint speed seems to balance the game. I have reduced marking and GK ability to make it easier for the user to attack and score goals. You still need to play good football, but when you do you will be rewarded. It's still tough to defend (I deliberately haven't changed much), but on 6 minute halves there needs to be a balance in order for there to be chances/goals at both ends.

(note: If you are still struggling against the CPU in career mode with these sliders you could try decreasing CPU acceleration to 49)

Unlike most sliders, which use legendary and bump up the CPU pass error, my sliders use world class and the default passing sliders. I just think it feels better, and its still possible to force the CPU into making mistakes with the passing.

Ultimately each player is different so you might need to tweak a couple of things, but I would recommend sticking with the defualt settings for at least 10 games before you consider any changes. The CPU ability can vary drastically from game to game in career mode, and its hard to formulate sliders based on single games (it also makes creating sliders difficult!).

Credit to others on here, in particular Orion and drunkenferret, I used plenty of sets of sliders and and reviewed your comments in formulating these sliders. The good sliders on here are great for longer games. I wanted something that was a blast for 6 minute halves.

Feel free to post feedback, good or bad. Thanks and good luck!

As someone who is used to playing 6 minutes, I will give these a shot. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #4
Pro

boxers's Arena

Great Work on these sliders. I was in the same boat upon moving to WC from Pro. These sliders seem to strike a healthy balance for me. I'll try to post some my results as I continue to use them.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
Pro

boxers's Arena

Here are some of the results I have had with these sliders. I probably have to tinker a bit:

Game 1
Game 1.jpg

Game 2
game 2.jpg

Game 3
game 3.jpg

Game 4
game 5.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Tommy9017's Arena

Has there been any updates the world class 6 minutes half?
Old 07-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

the CPU just had 93% pass on me with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mizzou Tigers

PSN: yoscotty_
Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysivley
the CPU just had 93% pass on me with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These sliders aren’t built for realism, but the CPU shouldn’tget 90%+ passing, that’s quite rare in my experience. You could decrease the CPU pass accuracy but in my experience that results in some horrible gameplay and easy goals for the human player. If you’re struggling the easiest thing to do is to take the sprint speed ratings down a notch (but keep CPU and human at the same level).

Last edited by pacers101; 07-15-2014 at 06:07 AM. Reason: I got sprint speed and acceleration mixed up

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »