Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-14-2024, 01:53 AM   #2313
jei
Rookie

jei's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
Curious if anyone out there is genuinely still enjoying the game?

Today I started a CM with FC Nürnberg in the 2. Bundesliga. I managed to play 2 whole games before getting fed up. Default game speed, Legendary, latest sliders. All of the players felt like they were running in mud, turned slower than a tugboat and the ball physics were all over the place. I tried a few kick off games with higher rated teams (e.g. Leverkusen) and it was better but still not great.

Roll on September… let’s hope something has drastically changed in FC 25 (not holding my breath).
PS5 - FUMA - WC - 6 min
I'm enjoying the game. Took Salford and brought them into the Premier League, now season 7 is underway. Two matches in the Champions League against Borussia Dortmund: 0:1, 2:0. The game feels good, I don’t see everything you write here. Perhaps there are problems on the Legend.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:12 AM   #2314
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jei
PS5 - FUMA - WC - 6 min
I'm enjoying the game. Took Salford and brought them into the Premier League, now season 7 is underway. Two matches in the Champions League against Borussia Dortmund: 0:1, 2:0. The game feels good, I don’t see everything you write here. Perhaps there are problems on the Legend.
Same settings as the OP set?
Old 05-15-2024, 09:33 PM   #2315
jei
Rookie

jei's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Same settings as the OP set?
Differences:
Pass Error: 55
Shot Speed: 49
Injury Frequency: 90
Injury Severity: 18
GK Ability: 51

This first career with FUMA, the first 6 seasons played with:
Shot Error: 60
I changed it to 78 and didn’t notice much of a difference.

Sometimes it begins to seem that the game is not working as it should. Then during the match, I change the CPU sprint speed and acceleration to 0. If they continue to play as they did, the game is clearly broken)) The easiest way to check whether the sliders are now being applied or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2024, 05:47 PM   #2316
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
Curious if anyone out there is genuinely still enjoying the game?

Today I started a CM with FC Nürnberg in the 2. Bundesliga. I managed to play 2 whole games before getting fed up. Default game speed, Legendary, latest sliders. All of the players felt like they were running in mud, turned slower than a tugboat and the ball physics were all over the place. I tried a few kick off games with higher rated teams (e.g. Leverkusen) and it was better but still not great.

Roll on September… let’s hope something has drastically changed in FC 25 (not holding my breath).
Its hit or miss for me. Sometimes day by day. It's my least favorite volume of this series at this point in the year since i can remember. they really need to get better. i would literally be fine with this thing if they would just let me turn off coach firing all together. i have no problem losing, but not playing with my squad and having to essentially sim or cheat to keep the job is such a bummer.

Last edited by Yerner; 05-16-2024 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:20 PM   #2317
Rookie

There's definitely something weird going on where the sliders don't always apply. But maybe I found a fix?

Last year, if you went into the settings, changed something, then saved, it applied. That bug went all the way back to the beta version. Doesn't seem to work as well this year.

Tonight I was in a career mode match and it was playing funny again. I then restarted the match and boom, great variety, game playing at the right speed, no weird ball bounces.

WC, slow pace, 8 min
Old 05-17-2024, 09:27 AM   #2318
Rookie

Title Update 13 and 14 Gameplay Changes, Settings, and Slider Adjustments

Xbox Series X
Ultimate Difficulty Default Pace 10 Minute Halves
Version 9 Slider Set Devised from Version 9

From my experience with the game after Title Updates 11 and 12, between seventy-five and eighty percent of Legendary gameplay adjustments were also applied to Ultimate difficulty. Additionally, a number of reductions in CPU aggressiveness, constant wing-play, and similar attack vectors by every club occurred, resulting in Ultimate difficulty playing approximately ten to fifteen percent harder than Legendary. The period between Title Update 12 and 13 was the most competitive, realistic, and enjoyable time to date, since the release of the Beta version of the game. In my opinion, nearly everything has changed after Title Update 13 and 14, in terms of gameplay, difficulty, and playability. Below is a listing of changes that I have noticed, in no particular order of priority.

Game and Slider Settings: Stated in the Patch Notes for Title Update 13 personal settings, including slider adjustments were supposed to be addressed, however, there still are a number of settings that randomly change between gaming sessions. Most notably, pre-match settings changing from 'manual' to 'semi-assisted', camera angle zoom settings changing from zero to three, player indicator size changing from 'small' to 'default', and the continual modification of some CPU sliders from configured values to zero, primarily acceleration, marking, and first touch error. As mentioned in previous posts, at the start of every game session, I allow the game to log into the EA servers, check for a squad update and pause for thirty seconds for configuration files and data to update in cloud servers, then terminate the game and restart disconnected from the EA servers. Playing the game for more than a week without updating the save files in the cloud can result in a corrupt database, causing the career mode save to crash, and require a restart. On a side note, there are still instances where new squad updates do not appear in the main game settings menu, and must be updated by clicking on 'New Manager Career' instead.

Referee Logic and Bookings: Since Title Update 13, the number of CPU bookings, and unbooked free kick occurrences has doubled. From the beginning of the season, I have configured Referee Strictness to 'strict' to penalize the CPU for aggressive tackles, and add realism into the game. On average, the CPU would accumulate one red and four yellow cards every three matches before Title Update 13. Now, the CPU averages two reds and seven yellows every three matches. In addition, the placement of the ball by referees for unbooked fouls is glitched. One example, one of my user AI controlled players committed a minor offense near the opposing penalty box, however, the referee placed the ball directly on the front line of my eighteen-yard box, approximately seventy yards from where the foul happened. For the first time this year, I have reduced referee strictness to 'default', which seems to solve the problems, with the CPU still incurring some bookings when warranted.

CPU Incessant Wing-Play, Cut Backs, and Out-to-Touch Line Runs: After the two updates, CPU wing-play has again been restored to pre-Title Update 8 levels on Ultimate difficulty, even for Premier League squads that do not incorporate wingers (4-2-3-1 formations with three CAMs). To circumvent this behavior, I have increased the line width slider value to 58, and used in conjunction with the contain and teamate contain button, have limited wing-play to approximately thirty percent of matches. The increased line width positions the user players closer to the CPU attackers when driving down the sidelines, often closing them down forcing passes to the middle of the pitch, and limits the CPU abilities along the edge of the penalty box to make runs down the line towards the goal, or effectively perform cut backs with one hundred percent accuracy. The line width value is not a 'cheat' mechanism to completely thwart CPU attacks, merely to increase realism and limit nonsensical wing-play for clubs that primarily incorporate midfield play.

Marking Slider: Before Title Update 13, my marking values for both the user and CPU were configured to either 42 or 44 to promote scoring changes for the CPU, and realistic match results. From September through Title Update 11, my personal marking settings were between 48 and 52, as suggested by Matt and the development team. This increased marking value after Title Update 12, resulted in an unnatural number of nil-nil and 1-1 matches. As indicated in previous posts, user controlled bottom table clubs would successfully execute up to ten clean sheets in a row, even with a 42 marking setting. I have discovered that after the two most recent updates that the marking slider for both the user and CPU is flawed, and is now playing in-game between six and ten points higher than configured (i.e. 42 marking giving the perception of 50 or 52 marking witnessed before the updates). Currently, I have reduced the marking values of both the user and CPU to 38, effectively mimicing the previous 42 marking value. While many elite players would view this reduced marking value as unnecessary and allow them to score at random, for realism and the gameplay of average to above average players at the Ultimate difficulty level, the game becomes more playable.

Game Speed: The overall game speed has been increased in each of the last four updates for default paced matches; have not tested slow paced matches in the past five months for comparison. After Title Update 11, my configuration for sprint speed was reduced to either six or eight, and after Title Update 12, further reduced to two or four. Subsequent to Title Update 14, the sprint speed is now set to zero, breaking one of my personal tenets of having a slider adjustment ending with a zero or five. The gameplay is now barely adequate with the zero setting for ten minute halves.

Pass and First Touch Error Slider Adjustments: After each of the past four Title Updates, passing and first touch error values are having more effect on the CPU and user AI controlled goalkeeper than before. When the pass error value exceeds 54 the CPU players visibly begin incurring mistakes, and above 60, the normal offensive buildup and possession by top-flight clubs is encumbered. I personally configure the passing error to either 56 or 58 for both the user and CPU. The most dramatic effect in-game now is the first touch error value. If the setting is above 58, user defensive players are highly inclined to turn over the ball in the defensive third of the pitch from minor pressure, and the goalkeeper is three times as likely to push a save in the path of a CPU player, or punch the ball, instead of saving with hands. For most career mode saves, I have now reduced first touch error values to 52, which is displaying the same gameplay randomness as 58 to 62 was having prior to Title Update 11.

There are other minor slider adjustments that I have evaluated over the past two months; line height, line length, and fullback postioning, however, these values should be tested by everyone to meet their individual gameplay styles. I look forward to Matt and the development team posting new slider adjustments from their analyses of the changes in the Title Updates at some point, when time is afforded.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:15 AM   #2319
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

Re: Title Update 13 and 14 Gameplay Changes, Settings, and Slider Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinKid73
Xbox Series X
Ultimate Difficulty Default Pace 10 Minute Halves
Version 9 Slider Set Devised from Version 9

From my experience with the game after Title Updates 11 and 12, between seventy-five and eighty percent of Legendary gameplay adjustments were also applied to Ultimate difficulty. Additionally, a number of reductions in CPU aggressiveness, constant wing-play, and similar attack vectors by every club occurred, resulting in Ultimate difficulty playing approximately ten to fifteen percent harder than Legendary. The period between Title Update 12 and 13 was the most competitive, realistic, and enjoyable time to date, since the release of the Beta version of the game. In my opinion, nearly everything has changed after Title Update 13 and 14, in terms of gameplay, difficulty, and playability. Below is a listing of changes that I have noticed, in no particular order of priority.

There are other minor slider adjustments that I have evaluated over the past two months; line height, line length, and fullback postioning, however, these values should be tested by everyone to meet their individual gameplay styles. I look forward to Matt and the development team posting new slider adjustments from their analyses of the changes in the Title Updates at some point, when time is afforded.

@CinKid73, please could you post the full slider values that you are using that differ from the current latest set?

For transparency, I don’t think the issues I’ve been experiencing with the game are related to the slider values - more so the game itself, but at this point I’m willing to try anything in an attempt to enjoy the gameplay once more.

Some of the values you quoted above, such as First Touch Error & Marking, are significantly different to the latest version, so I’m intrigued to play a few games with the combination of other slider values that you are using. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2024, 11:20 AM   #2320
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Title Update 13 and 14 Gameplay Changes, Settings, and Slider Adjustments

There aren't going to be anymore updates this late in the season. We can't constantly update every single update and take arbitrary values that serve as moving goal-posts with very little evidence. For every time someone says [this], it can be proven that [this] happens instead. There's too much missing context with this approach. Players under pressure? Players fatigue under pressure? FT value affecting goalkeepers? Relative to shot speed, shot error? Speed/Acceleration?

As I've said before, I want this to remain more about the sport and less about the computer game in some respects. If anyone has a set they want to build off of other values, there's plenty of room for more slider threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »