Home

MLS Manager mode job offer question/issue

This is a discussion on MLS Manager mode job offer question/issue within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MLS Manager mode job offer question/issue

Hey, I started a manager mode with the New York Red Bulls. I do strictly manager mode, not player manager. I completed the season. I won the MLS cup. At the end of the season I looked at other job offers and was disappointed. The only other offers I had were from MLS teams.

My question is, is it possible to go from an MLS team to a team in England or another country for a new job? Or is it because of the schedule of the MLS there are no available jobs in Europe or other leagues.

It really disappointed me that I had no outside offers. Thanks for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLS Manager mode job offer question/issue

I played through a season with the Philadelphia Union, and had the same result. the only offers I had at the end of the year was to renew w/Philly or to move to the columbus crew. that combined with NOBODY signing with my team in the transfer period led me to bag my MLS based mode and head to Europe.
FWIW, I decided to play with Atalante Bergamo (Italian Serie B), and have found the games to be better, and I have been able to sign 2 players (out of about 12-15 attempts) within the 1st transfer period. MUCH better, but I feel like the MLS got shafted...

however, it is probably more true-to-life that it is very difficult to bring in talent to the MLS, or to move on to a European club as a manager. I'm sure that multiple league titles would do the trick, but I don't think I can put that much time into it
Old 10-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

i started off in the premier league this year, so i cant offer you first hand advice for FIFA11.

however... in FIFA10, it took 2 seasons and 2 MLS cups with FC Dallas to finally get called away to the big boys (Real Madrid). after that 2nd season... we had about a dozen offers, primarily from (non-barclays) english clubs and a few Liga. Real was by far the best position available.

to your point... the biggest name i was able to bring to the Dallas club was Clint Dempsey. and it took a lot of work and stadium improvements.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

in fifa 10, I won the MLS cup with the galaxy in my second year. However, after my first year I got an offer from a lower division English team. Can't remember who it was though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »