Home

Should I get PS3 or PC?

This is a discussion on Should I get PS3 or PC? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Should I get PS3 or PC?

Had PC version a few years back and loved it... but I'm a bit worried because although my laptop has an HD screen and everything, EA games seem to screw up on laptops a lot. Have a PS3 too but then I lose the portability factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Should I get PS3 or PC?

ps3
Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I had the PC version last year and it's not even the same game. I always preferred PC because of the ability to edit and customize my game but as of last year the PS3 and 360 versions far surpass the PC version.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

What's the difference?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyking
What's the difference?
The gameplay is the major difference. A lot of the improvements made on PS3 and 360 haven't made their way over to PC. They don't even feel like the same game. I know IGN isn't always the best source but this is the first two paragraphs of their PC review:

Quote:
October 21, 2009 - It's always disappointing to learn that a beloved platform is receiving a weak version of a great game. I'm sad to report that this is the case with the PC version of FIFA 10. It's by no means a "bad game" but it feels behind the curve when compared to the stellar Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. I understand that developers need to allocate resources according to sales numbers, but FIFA 10 could have done a much better job of putting solid PC specs to good use.

For starters, almost none of the gameplay additions that made the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions so great make their way over to the PC iteration. You won't see those angelic physical interactions between players and the on-rails moments that used to plague FIFA efforts is back with a vengeance. Likewise for the eight-directional movement that makes the game feel like it's from a different generation. The system (an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU at 2.4 Ghz, 4 Gigs of RAM and dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 275s in SLI) I used to review FIFA 10 could have easily handled the physics used in the console versions, yet no effort was made to leverage the hardware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Well, that makes the decision an easy one. I guess football manager can suffice for the PC then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »