Home

So Many Teams...Who to Play With

This is a discussion on So Many Teams...Who to Play With within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So Many Teams...Who to Play With

Its weird, I'm a huge NFL fan and don't really get into soccer that much, but love Fifa games and really have lost interest in the Madden games.

Because i don't follow soccer I have no idea who i'm going to use in Manager Mode. I like the idea of taking a lesser talented team in the top division and eventually contending for championship. I'm a Bengals fan so i've got no problem rooting for underdog.

Any ideas who would be fun playing with. No real preference between premier league and la liga. I know this is probably up for debate, but in general are the middle of the pack teams better in the premier or la liga leagues. Help me pick my team.

Basically, if you're not from an actual city or town of your favorite team, how did you end up choosing them as your team to root for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: So Many Teams...Who to Play With

I must admit that I don't have as much insight into the middle of the pack teams in Spain than I do England. This is simply because I hardly watch Spanish soccer outside of the giants.

If you want a team that you will have to scrap your way out of the relegation zone, you can be Burnley, Hull City or Wolves

If you want a middle of the pack team that is very close to reaching the upper echelons of the league, choose Aston Villa, the club is almost entirely British(which I respect very highly) and in Agbonlahor you have one of the fastest strikers in the world.

Their logo is a Lion or Tiger just like the Bengals too
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

For an extra spicy challenge, I would recommend trying a big team in the Championship (English 2nd division). This year's particularly good for such a challenge with Newcastle & Middlesborough having been relegated last year. They're big clubs with good stadiums and revenue so you'll have less board expectations given the club's current predicament but a solid base to hit the Premiership running when you (hopefully) get promoted.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

I pick a team with a custom stadium (although I understand you can choose stadiums this year), and load it up with average players whose names are spoken by the announcers. Otherwise it can get pretty boring listening to silence all season long. Plus it makes your team more interesting and gives them some character.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pretty sure i'm going with Newcastle in the championship division. Like the idea of starting with an underdog in a lower division for the first year. I'm usually a little rusty starting off anyways so i want to have a fighting chance to win some games in the first year. Thought about Hull City but it would be a long year.

I have heard this years fifa is going to make it harder to take a team from worst to first. This is what i hope. Seems last year it was too easy to buy players that in real life would never accept bids to play for a lesser team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adstout
I have heard this years fifa is going to make it harder to take a team from worst to first. This is what i hope. Seems last year it was too easy to buy players that in real life would never accept bids to play for a lesser team.
Absolutely, Manager Mode looks massively improved and far more realistic which is brilliant! I think this could be the watershed year for next gen footy that 09 just fell short of
Old 09-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adstout
Pretty sure i'm going with Newcastle in the championship division. Like the idea of starting with an underdog in a lower division for the first year. I'm usually a little rusty starting off anyways so i want to have a fighting chance to win some games in the first year. Thought about Hull City but it would be a long year.
I'm doing the same thing - maybe we should have a little friendly rivalry, see who can get Newcastle the furthest in 5 years... I'm going to be more than a little rusty myself after a 6 month sabatical from FIFA 09
Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always take Nottingham Forest. They are my favorite English club and it is fun trying to build them up and get them back to European glory.

Although this year I may play with Celtic, which is the club I support though and through. The SPL just isn't as exciting as the EPL. Although, if the MM is really as improved as they have stated, it could be fun to try and win the Champions League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »