Home

Help with team selection

This is a discussion on Help with team selection within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help with team selection

So I'm trying to get more into soccer recently and part of that included picking up FIFA 17. With most sports game, I like to run franchise modes with the worst team in the league. With so many leagues, I'm a little unsure as to the rankings of each league I guess. If you were looking for the worst team in the worst league (or biggest project if you want to look at it that way), what team would be the choice to start with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help with team selection

Biggest project would be a league two team from England. Which is the fourth tier of English football.

Pick any team you like most. Research teams in the league. Read about them. Look at their kits (jerseys).

Why is it the biggest project? Most countries in FIFA only have one league, some have two, England has 4 in the game. You will be starting from the bottom.

At the end of each season the top three teams, together with the winner of the play-offs between the teams which finished in fourth–seventh position, are promoted to Football League One and are replaced by the four teams that finished bottom of that division.

And that same process will continue in some form or fashion until you make it to the Barclays Premier League, if you ever make it.

So you would be trying to progress from League 2 to League 1, then League 1 to the Championship, and then the Championship to the Barclays Premier League (The top flight in England, where the Arsenal's, City's, Liverpool's play)
Old 11-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Biggest project would be a league two team from England. Which is the fourth tier of English football.

Pick any team you like most. Research teams in the league. Read about them. Look at their kits (jerseys).

Why is it the biggest project? Most countries in FIFA only have one league, some have two, England has 4 in the game. You will be starting from the bottom.

At the end of each season the top three teams, together with the winner of the play-offs between the teams which finished in fourth–seventh position, are promoted to Football League One and are replaced by the four teams that finished bottom of that division.

And that same process will continue in some form or fashion until you make it to the Barclays Premier League, if you ever make it.

So you would be trying to progress from League 2 to League 1, then League 1 to the Championship, and then the Championship to the Barclays Premier League (The top flight in England, where the Arsenal's, City's, Liverpool's play)
technically it's not the Barclays Premier League anymore
Old 11-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

stadium and crowd atmosphere are important too.

if you want a league 2 team, go with portsmouth. their stadium Fratton Park is in the game along with all their songs & chants.

i prefer football championship league. the players are better, there's more player faces, and the level of football imo is the most realistic.

i'm currently playing with barnsley and having a ball playing in a defensive 4-4-2 with a fast counter with all their speedy forwards.

playing in the prem league is the ulitimate in immersion but ... picking a team like bournemouth is alotta fun. they have some speedy and tricky forwards and wingers, and keeping goals out is a challenge.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka

if you want a league 2 team, go with portsmouth. their stadium Fratton Park is in the game along with all their songs & chants.

i prefer football championship league. the players are better, there's more player faces, and the level of football imo is the most realistic.

i'm currently playing with barnsley and having a ball playing in a defensive 4-4-2 with a fast counter with all their speedy forwards.

playing in the prem league is the ulitimate in immersion but ... picking a team like bournemouth is alotta fun. they have some speedy and tricky forwards and wingers, and keeping goals out is a challenge.
and good kits too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka

Is Fratton Park updated in comparsion to fifa16? I agree with that team being the best one to play around with, I only love players with real faces so I always sign those real faces players in offseason
Old 11-11-2016, 03:06 AM   #7
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Is Fratton Park updated in comparsion to fifa16? I agree with that team being the best one to play around with, I only love players with real faces so I always sign those real faces players in offseason
in real life fratton park hasn't been updated since last century. haha
Old 11-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agree with all of the above, Starting in League 2 in England will be the biggest/longest challenge in terms of climbing up.

Portsmouth is great because their real stadium is in the game, but they are the top team in League 2 (in terms of player rankings etc.)

If you want the TOUGHEST challenge, take Grimsby Town. They are newly promoted, and have some truly TERRIBLE players on that team. Cheltenham Town was also newly promoted and is a little better. Morecambe is also pretty lowly ranked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »