Home

Career mode fairness issues

This is a discussion on Career mode fairness issues within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Snoogans194's Arena

OVR: 0
Career mode fairness issues

I currently play my career mode for FIFA 16 on pro with all sliders set to 50 for everything, assisted turned on for most things and tactical defending.
I have found that its impossible to outrun the CPU, especially on the wings, even when my players have a higher speed rating. Also, the CPU passes move way faster back and forth than when I am passing with my teammates. And third, anytime the CPU has the ball, they have tons of space and my defenders give them a cushion all the way into the box, meanwhile when I get the ball there are 2 defenders shooting out to me before I can even do anything or get away. When I try to move my guy is sluggish and they move to where I am going before I even get there.
When I played the demo, none of this happened. Everything played fair, but now when I play my career modes as manager or player, the CPU is just way too fast and way too good and closing down.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Is this a glitch? FIFA 15 was the same way for me and I was hoping this would be more fair. the demos are always fair but after that it never is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

Re: Career mode fairness issues

Well EA has been known to pull the whole switcher roo on us ever year. The demo when it comes out is never like the final build ever. The only way to compensate for it is to get some sliders from the slider gurus in this forum. It's like EA is afraid to keep the game like the demo even if the demo is 100x better than the final build which usually it is.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Snoogans194's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
Well EA has been known to pull the whole switcher roo on us ever year. The demo when it comes out is never like the final build ever. The only way to compensate for it is to get some sliders from the slider gurus in this forum. It's like EA is afraid to keep the game like the demo even if the demo is 100x better than the final build which usually it is.
i wouldnt even mind if it was a bit tuned up, cause the demo is too easy, but its insane how everything just becomes unreal. Guys will stick out there leg to tackle and slide like 12 feet on one foot to get the ball from you perfectly. I also love how ill tap circle to pull a guy and the foul immediately goes up, meanwhile ill be running with the ball and the CPU defense will truck my player like 4 feet backwards and they dont call ****
Old 10-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogans194
I currently play my career mode for FIFA 16 on pro with all sliders set to 50 for everything, assisted turned on for most things and tactical defending.
I have found that its impossible to outrun the CPU, especially on the wings, even when my players have a higher speed rating. Also, the CPU passes move way faster back and forth than when I am passing with my teammates. And third, anytime the CPU has the ball, they have tons of space and my defenders give them a cushion all the way into the box, meanwhile when I get the ball there are 2 defenders shooting out to me before I can even do anything or get away. When I try to move my guy is sluggish and they move to where I am going before I even get there.
When I played the demo, none of this happened. Everything played fair, but now when I play my career modes as manager or player, the CPU is just way too fast and way too good and closing down.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Is this a glitch? FIFA 15 was the same way for me and I was hoping this would be more fair. the demos are always fair but after that it never is
I would try the CPU speed and or acceleration slider bump them from 50 to 49,48, or 47. The acceleration slider will affect how tightly the mark you. I know their is a marking slider. But since they accelerate slower they do not get up on you the same.

Personally bumping either Speed or Acceleration down more than 3 will make the game play bad unless you bump the human side down also.

Speed is the max speed they run.
Acceleration is how quickly they get to that speed.
Acceleration has a greater affect on overall gameplay.

If you do not want to down grade the CPU you could bump the human side up instead. I am not sure which will please you more.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Snoogans194's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
I would try the CPU speed and or acceleration slider bump them from 50 to 49,48, or 47. The acceleration slider will affect how tightly the mark you. I know their is a marking slider. But since they accelerate slower they do not get up on you the same.

Personally bumping either Speed or Acceleration down more than 3 will make the game play bad unless you bump the human side down also.

Speed is the max speed they run.
Acceleration is how quickly they get to that speed.
Acceleration has a greater affect on overall gameplay.

If you do not want to down grade the CPU you could bump the human side up instead. I am not sure which will please you more.
yea i was hoping not to have to get into messing with sliders, though I have been checking on some of those threads to get ideas. I was more wondering if there was some setting or something that I turned on that made the game change. There are times where I play pre season friendlies and it doesnt seem so bad or cheap and then as soon as the season starts it ramps back up. So I didnt know if something in my controls or profile or something was the problem, but I guess not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #6
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
yea i was hoping not to have to get into messing with sliders, though I have been checking on some of those threads to get ideas. I was more wondering if there was some setting or something that I turned on that made the game change. There are times where I play pre season friendlies and it doesnt seem so bad or cheap and then as soon as the season starts it ramps back up. So I didnt know if something in my controls or profile or something was the problem, but I guess not
Probably not a setting thing... It seems to me that league matches and cup ones are harder and their is some variable in the programming as, if you reach a late stage of a cup, it seems the game gets noticably harder.

I might be wrong... just what I think.

I have the same issues you do. Just sharing that so you know it is not just you.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
MVP

BL8001's Arena

This is just how EA makes this series. Yes sliders can help and thank goodness they are there.

I own every single FIFA made since the very beginning.

The AI has never been any good attacking. Always too cautious and too predictable. To offset this, they give the cpu D every possible advantage.

If EA did not do this, we would win games 10-0 easily.

This year they have extended the generosity to the cpu wing play.

I grabbed DeMarcos on the RB to counter the cpu outrunning me. It makes no difference. It's coding and you cannot beat it with logic.

You have to look at things in this game as being put in place so the user cannot abuse the cpu.

One day, one day we may get a smart cpu that plays fair.

I have always wished we could create our own "soul" for this game. So I could set something on that would record my gameplay ghost. I could then upload and share this team dna. Users could download it and play against this improved AI.

For example, I take a team and play the ball through the stars on the squad and take shots when chances are given and I play zone defense and occasional long balls and field swaps.

Now you get to play my ghost.

Then we would have people making madrid ghosts and Plymouth argyle ghosts and we would not have to rely on EA to make the AI play differently and fair.

Look, at this point in this games life cycle we are still talking about an AI that kicks every keeper punt and goal kick down the middle...
Old 10-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #8
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Adaptive AI is definitely real. They use the variable performance (the "catch up" AI in terms of temporarily boosting speed amongst other things) to attempt to make the games have "realistic" outcomes. I'm like you in that i dislike using sliders and try to do as little of it as possible until it's the only choice.

The problem, as you're discovering, is that the sliders don't fix the issue because it's not an across the board thing. The CPU just does it when it needs to. The problem with using the Acceleration slider (which DOES work) is that it also gives you an advantage at those other times when the CPU isn't getting temporary boosts. You'll likely find you have too large of an advantage in those situations.

Ultimately, this is why sliders are a poor choice for game balance. Balance one aspect and you throw off another. Some issues come through (like GK Ability) no matter what the slider is set to, even when it's 0. To answer your question, no, there isn't a setting you can change. People abused running down the wings because it was so effective in years past that EA just took away your ability to do it instead of fixing the core issue.

Best FIFA I've personally ever played - just have to suspend disbelief and accept that most CBs can run down your wingers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »