Home

Any Word On Team Identities In FIFA 16

This is a discussion on Any Word On Team Identities In FIFA 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Any Word On Team Identities In FIFA 16

Greetings,

Is there any word on whether teams will actually play differently or will they all play the same as usual? I am on the fence as I see how PES has teams that play so differently and use different strategies.

FIFA Soccer Blog states that there is some differentiation.

For the life of me, I just don't get why EA refuses to address this year, after year. It's mind boggling.

At any rate, any information would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 02:19 AM   #2
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any Word On Team Identities In FIFA 16

In FIFA 14 there were team identities since the CPU followed the custom tactics but FIFA 15, the CPU completely ignored the custom tactics and ended up playing generic tiki taka football in every matches. Did anyone who played FIFA 16 Career Mode BETA have felt like CPU plays according to their teams and differentiate in playing styles like long ball, possession, quick counter, wing play, combined, etc. I want to know this too. Hopefully someone who have already played the career mode beta can answer this.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Greetings,

Is there any word on whether teams will actually play differently or will they all play the same as usual? I am on the fence as I see how PES has teams that play so differently and use different strategies.

FIFA Soccer Blog states that there is some differentiation.

For the life of me, I just don't get why EA refuses to address this year, after year. It's mind boggling.

At any rate, any information would be appreciated.
I would like to know this as well, but I fear for the worse with EA sometimes. They said they are focusing on have more midfield battles which is great because I always felt that it was always ignored in this series. However, know them I feel like it might be over done.

They implemented a new formation screen but it was kind of pointless. Players and teams ignored assignments with DMF pushing up way too high at times even though I would set them to "Stay back while attacking" and all left backs overlapping way too much (even though this is also due to slider setting which I am not a fan of). I just hope tactics make I difference this time.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

hi guys,im eagerly awaiting the game here in australia,and i too are waiting on the one peice of information to make this a must buy first day.DO THE TACTICS WORK this year so teams play differently.they worked pretty well in fifa 14, i dont know what the hell they did last year but i go pretty sick of playing the same game every time i put it on.i wouldve gone back to fifa 14 but the i like the presentation in 15 (hafta admit, i didnt like alot in fifa 15 gameplay wise).PLEASE EA make sure the tactics work this year.its the only thing thatll keep me playing fifa.i dont want to hafta go over to the other game.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

It definitely is not something that EA has focused on, otherwise they would've included it in their marketing.

However, that doesn't mean we won't be able to control it via custom tactics. Whether or not we can do that again this year (unlike last year), we'll have to wait for the demo to find out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

It's completely lazy for the dev to not make something work as intended just because of it's priority. I am pretty sure they will look at it since last year, thousands of people complained that all the team played the same way and the CPU AI was a bit too generic.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I would like to know this as well, but I fear for the worse with EA sometimes. They said they are focusing on have more midfield battles which is great because I always felt that it was always ignored in this series. However, know them I feel like it might be over done.

They implemented a new formation screen but it was kind of pointless. Players and teams ignored assignments with DMF pushing up way too high at times even though I would set them to "Stay back while attacking" and all left backs overlapping way too much (even though this is also due to slider setting which I am not a fan of). I just hope tactics make I difference this time.
Agree with everything, ESPECIALLY about the tactics. It's one thing for teams to not have distinct playing styles in the game, but the flawed tactics system made it impossible for anyone to manually edit teams' playing styles to mirror real life. The idea of the new system in 15 was a good addition in theory, but it was pointless. It's been almost a year since the game came out, but I still get equally frustrated every time my holding midfielder comes sprinting into the 18 yard box, even though his instructions are clearly set to "stay back while attacking". It leaves me no one to break up counter attacks and I always end up scrambling back to recover when I lose possession.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #8
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

Did anyone who played the Career Mode can confirm that the custom tactics works for both human and cpu?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »