Home

FIFA release date is getting frustrating

This is a discussion on FIFA release date is getting frustrating within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
FIFA release date is getting frustrating

This has probably been brought up before, but does anyone else find it somewhat frustrating that FIFA comes out so far after the EPL has started? I know its been that way for a long time, but now that EA has the official branding, you'd think it'd be on time. Kind of a buzz kill.

NHL, for as poorly executed as the game is, at least gets the release date right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #2
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA release date is getting frustrating

It gives me time to play madden, and comes out around the same time I get bored of madden.
But yes, I'd like to be playing the new fifa sooner.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

This is totally an assumption, but I think the game is released when ALL the major football leagues have begun their new seasons. EPL and Bundesliga have started; however, I don't think La Liga has yet (August 21 I believe).
Old 08-14-2015, 04:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Even then FIFA still launches over a month later.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:45 AM   #5
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

From a fan of the MLS, the game is released after the season ends basically. I think they do it so the most amount of competitions is going on at one time worldwide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

In the end it's business unfortunately. First it's Madden, the NHL a week or two later, then FIFA a week or two after that. FIFA goes last because the transfer window doesn't close until September 1.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #7
Banned

They do it to make sure all the transfer windows have shut (so at the very least September) and then once that's done they push a demo out and then the full game at the end of the month the transfer window shuts. There's a lot of authenticity they have to get out of the way in between having the game play the way they want it and then doing transfers, kits, boots etc. Whereas we can do transfers as and when they happen they have to get everything else out of the way first.

So while I agree that an earlier release would be nice it's not really that plausible.

Last edited by Paul21694; 08-14-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
This has probably been brought up before, but does anyone else find it somewhat frustrating that FIFA comes out so far after the EPL has started? I know its been that way for a long time, but now that EA has the official branding, you'd think it'd be on time. Kind of a buzz kill.

NHL, for as poorly executed as the game is, at least gets the release date right.

Even though their BPL bias is apparent, that isn't the only league in the game. As some have mentioned MLS ends, Liga MX began a few weeks ago, Champions games have been played. Ligue 1, Belgian league have all started. La Liga doesn't kick off till the 21st (a week from now). It wouldn't make sense for them to release Madden & FIFA at the same time. I don't mind the release date, comes out in August and by October I'm done with my career mode. September gets me to November at least. Sometimes December.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »