Home

The jump from professional to world class

This is a discussion on The jump from professional to world class within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

baller768's Arena

OVR: 1
The jump from professional to world class

Fifa 15 is my first fifa game and I really like career mode but the problem is professional is too easy while world class is too hard. What tips do people have for making the jump from professional to world class? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The jump from professional to world class

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller768
Fifa 15 is my first fifa game and I really like career mode but the problem is professional is too easy while world class is too hard. What tips do people have for making the jump from professional to world class? Thanks in advance.
Practice, practice, practice.

My first FIFA game as well and it just takes time. Sliders too, can help adjust things.

The community sliders are great, but quite challenging.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've always struggled on world class. Mostly with scoring. I'm extremely poor at finishing chances which you have to do on world class to win. Professional you can get by missing out on a lot of opportunities because you will get a lot of chances and the computer doesn't tend to create chances or is aggressive with the ball.

Practice, practice, and more practice. Focus on controlling the possession, staying in shape on defense, and being unpredictable in your build up play
Old 01-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

This past summer I got fifa 12, and I think that's the first game where the defense engine changed, so I played on class all summer long it was really tough at first. I use to watch some videos on youtube how to play defense. Now I play on legendary on FIFA 15. I'm super comfortable with legendary now and play my own style.

But tips I can give you on defense:
- Don't bite and go right at the ball, the AI will pass it and find someone open. Instead press X. I forgot what the actual play is called jockey or something your player will get close to the AI but close enough where they don't manipulate you.

- Also press R1 for other CPU defenders to go to the AI play with the ball, so let's say the AI got the ball past you and is getting near the net, hold R1 and CPU will come help out.

- Press and hold L2 while backing away from the AI with ball to make them think twice about what they're doing.

But yeah watch some videos on youtube theres good stuff there.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

The best advice for the jump from pro to world class is...patience and lay off the sprint button.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #6
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

I recently made the jump to World a Class and even did some sliders but went back after 3 games as there is no slider to stop ref calling penalty shots every game , very ridiculous every game on WC had penalty kick for opposition meanwhile I'm being thrown all over pitch and slide tackled like crazy. Non of the fouls were slide tackles just normal X button for me tackle in the box and if I didn't try tackle guy be 1v1 goalie. Just a joke 3 straight games and when played professional played 10 games maybe gave up 1. Really frustrating anyone else have this problem or is game glitched for me?

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Old 01-29-2015, 11:48 AM   #7
Just started!

Is there a specific aspect you're lacking when you're going to WC?

I'm in the same boat. I realized I was lacking considerably with defending and playmaking.

I typically play with a 4-1-2-1-2 with a CDM and a CF as the respective 1's. So what I do now to work on my areas I lack is play with a 3-1-3-1-2. I have fewer defenders to work with, making me play smarter defensively. The straight line I have up the middle of the field also helps me play the ball and look for openings.

I also slowed down the gameplay so I can watch and learn the CPU.

Hope this helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »