Home

The Goalkeepers are shocking

This is a discussion on The Goalkeepers are shocking within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Goalkeepers are shocking

They can save top corner shots and perform all sorts of miraculous saves but rarely get to any shots that are down low. They also stray off their line too easily and get beaten by long shots or even long headers that go over the top of them.

Majority of my goals are from low shots due to this. It is broken and needs to be patched asap.

Otherwise the game is quite good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Goalkeepers are shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMushroom22
Majority of my goals are from low shots due to this. It is broken and needs to be patched asap.
Broken??.....I don't know if that is the word I would use. I would say, inconsistent
Old 09-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

The CPU keeper made this wonder save against me, sliding cross goal and getting a glove on the thumped shot to deflect it off of the post. Notice his body position when he gets a glove on the ball, he's nearly 90 degrees to the goal, a shot with that type of pace would certainly eat up almost every keeper on the planet.

The the very next match I play my keeper decides to do this spectacular feat of tackling. Not sure why he decided to go in feet first. Also I counted 4 of my defenders closer to the landing spot of the ball, yet a lone CPU striker reacts & hoodwinks them all.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
Rookie

I noticed somewhat the same. alot of rebounds and then open goals on balls that should have been caught
Old 09-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Every "great" shot I have is saved. I started shooting at the keeper. Surprisingly, a lot of balls make it in!
Post players have crazy good saves also. From a corner, a ball was played out to the middle of the 18. I fire a shot at the near post.....upper 90. The defender on post (from the endline) hits a bicycle kick that knocks the ball over the crossbar!!!! From the end line.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

I've had matches where the goalkeeper saves everything. Especially lasers to the corners.
Next match, 3 goals leak in that I hit right at the keeper. He gets his hands on it, but it still leaks in.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 09-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

They really are and IMO they were fine in '14. Look at this clip from my Chelsea MM vs Fulham.

This is Petr Cech, his accolades speak for themselves but he's undone by a simple cross into the box which he deflects, like it's a shot, right into the path of a Fulham player. It's almost as if the game wants to show off these newly "touted" animations as opposed to them just dealing with the shot.

Not only that, but watch as he slides for the attempted 2nd save. I would have more happy with him just sitting there crouched over on the 2nd shot.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #8
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Honestly, I think this is lose/lose for EA. I've literally heard people say that FIFA 14 goalies were over powered AND people said they were not good enough. In FIFA 15 same thing, some people saying they are too good and some saying they aren't good enough. If they save everything people call them superhuman and complain they can't get goals. If they make human mistakes people call the AI broken and look for perfect decisions and play every time. It's like "RoboQB" in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »