Home

CPU vs CPU Realistic Stats & Betting Line Generator

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Realistic Stats & Betting Line Generator within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2024, 02:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU Realistic Stats & Betting Line Generator

I am in year 13 of my dynasty and have had some time to mess around with some CPU vs CPU sliders and feel like I have a good enough base of 14 games to be really happy with where I am at. It is pretty simple, but I have found it has played well for what I am trying to do.

I put together a CPU vs CPU set but also am testing out a HUM off vs CPU def set as well. I will only post the CPU vs CPU set here and give yall a link to my slider set and stats at the end. In that link I have also created "Betting Line Generator" that I am using to monitor CPU vs CPU games to ensure that the results are fairly realistic.

Main objectives
-Realistic yards per carry rushing and yards per attempt passing
-Realistic amount of plays per game
-Achieving these two would in turn create realistic points per play

Gameplay options
Spoiler

What these have accomplished
Dynasty numbers vs 2023 averages via TeamRankings.com
COMP % - 68.5% vs 60.3%
Yds/Rush - 4.2 vs 4.2
Yds/Completion - 11.7 vs 12.1
Yds/Pass attempt - 8.0 vs 7.3
Yds/Play - 6.3 vs 5.5
Pts/Play - 0.442 vs 0.400
Plays/Game - 137 vs 140

UPDATE through 30 games
COMP % - 64.7% vs 60.3%
YDS/RUSH - 4.0 vs 4.2
YDS/COMP - 11.5 vs 12.1
YDS/ATT - 7.4 vs 7.3
YDS/PLAY - 5.8 vs 5.5
PTS/PLAY - 0.401 vs 0.400
PLAYS/GM - 143 vs 140

Potential adjustments - Tackling down to 55 (get the yds/rush up), INT to 12 or 13 (been seeing a lot of interceptions), and Punt Power to 50.

As always feel free to use these as a base and adjust to the game the way you like! Below is the link to my spreadsheet where I will keep updating as I get more games in! Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
---------
Huge College Football fan, writer, and video gamer.

Blog: CFB Saturday Slate w/ Mick N Bus

X: @CFB_SatSlate

Last edited by RollJacobus; 08-27-2024 at 07:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2024, 10:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU vs CPU Realistic Stats & Betting Line Generator

What are the passing mechanics settings? Revamped? Classic?
Old 08-23-2024, 06:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I just have it on Classic for passing mechanics. I don't imagine they impact the CPU vs CPU, but definitely could on the HUM Off set. Definitely adjust it to your liking
Old 08-24-2024, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Too many drops from WRs bro. Kinda unrealistic to me. Other than that, the sliders are amazing. I love them bro!
Old 08-25-2024, 07:10 PM   #5
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

I do like the feel of these.

I just watched FSU and Georgia Tech. FSU won 23-17. Both offenses struggled for explosive plays, but ultimately it was Tech’s two turnovers, including a fumble in the red zone, that ultimately done them in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2024, 01:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyj1999
Too many drops from WRs bro. Kinda unrealistic to me. Other than that, the sliders are amazing. I love them bro!
I hear you on that. I think that is the toughest thing to figure out with the sliders - the balance in the passing game. What is most frustrating I think is the type of passes they drop - specifically the wide open stick or curl routes.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:42 PM   #7
Rookie

I love this, thank you. I have been testing these with pretty decent results. I work from home, so I have been loading them up and just running games in the background all day to see what I get. Your spreadsheet is locked so I took a lot of time copying your formulas to my own sheet to run test results. Im a total nerd when it comes to stuff like this (to be honest this is just as fun as playing the games to me).

One question I have is that when calculating your betting spread, you note adding 4 for teams that have a star QB for example. Are you adding that to the DIFF, so if it was a Diff of 5 and a spread of -4, are you changing the diff to get a diff of 9 with a spread of 7, or are you just adding 4 to the line to make the spread -8?

Also any way you can make the spreadsheet sharable, I understand you don't want edits on the original for obvious reasons, but im sure there are others like me that it would save a ton of time to make a copy of and run test like you are currently doing.
Old 08-27-2024, 03:10 PM   #8
Rookie

You bet! I will get that figured out here after work today on how to make it shareable. For calculating the spread you can basically just add the offense rating + defense rating to get the teams number.

So like in my most recent one I did which is in the live score tab right now - UF was 90+91 and Miami was 90+90. UF had an advantage of 1. Then I have the adjustments calculation that is below and that accounts for the star QBs. Since UF had a star QB and Miami didn't they got an adjustment of +4 which brought their difference to 5 (4+1). That resulted in the line of UF -4.

If Miami had a star QB and UF didn't, then Miami would have got the adjustment of +9 (since they were an underdog in this scenario). That would take the difference to 8 (9-1) in favor of Miami. That would have resulted in a line of Miami -6.5.

Hope that helps. Most games aren't to close, but it is really fun when they are. Just wanted to add a bit of a new layer to it.

Edit: Here is the link for a sheet you are able to copy. It wasn't able to copy everything over but got a good chunk of it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by RollJacobus; 08-27-2024 at 07:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »