Home

Speed parity explanation

This is a discussion on Speed parity explanation within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2024, 01:01 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Speed parity explanation

I just saw a video explaining Speed parity. I had no clue that the setting relates to the minimum speed of players. Ex: you lower it to 40. any player under 40 speed will automatically become 40 speed. Ex, you raise it to 75 Any player below 75 speed will automatically become 75 speed. Just figured I would share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2024, 01:08 PM   #2
Rookie

FSUjones's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Speed parity explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I just saw a video explaining Speed parity. I had no clue that the setting relates to the minimum speed of players. Ex: you lower it to 40. any player under 40 speed will automatically become 40 speed. Ex, you raise it to 75 Any player below 75 speed will automatically become 75 speed. Just figured I would share.
Who’s the resource? No disrespect just intrigued lol
Old 08-14-2024, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Not sure thats how it works. Simply raising it to 100 disproves this doesn’t it?
Old 08-14-2024, 01:49 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

It would be really nice if EA (or 2k or SCEA for that matter) would give us some detailed documentation on how sliders and settings truly work and what they affect.

It's still such a guessing game and it doesn't need to be.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It would be really nice if EA (or 2k or SCEA for that matter) would give us some detailed documentation on how sliders and settings truly work and what they affect.

It's still such a guessing game and it doesn't need to be.
They don’t know for sure. I’ve been asking this on here for years back when the Madden Dev used to post frequently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2024, 01:57 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, this explanation states that the Speed Threshold slider is merely the speed scale? So at 50, the scale is 50-99? At 5, it's 5-99? What if there aren't any players that have speed under let's say 40? Then what happens if the slider is set lower? This is obviously something that's happening behind the scenes IF it's true because it's not reflected in the ratings.

I play with the slider at 95. So, by this explanation, everybody below 95 becomes 95? I don't know if I can buy that my brother lol!
Old 08-14-2024, 02:08 PM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUjones
Who’s the resource? No disrespect just intrigued lol
https://youtu.be/HiuiYwaRGRk?si=L9vRIZrzArNdDVee
Old 08-14-2024, 02:09 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASxACE
Not sure thats how it works. Simply raising it to 100 disproves this doesn’t it?
well in his sim he moved it down to 0 so that their speed rating is their true rating, so I assume that 100 = max speed for all players. It is confusing but to be fair, he explained it well and may be how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »