Home

Backwards Sliders

This is a discussion on Backwards Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2024, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

PSUFreak083's Arena

OVR: 3
Backwards Sliders

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find anything. Do we know what sliders are backwards in the game? I know pass coverage slider has been discussed but wasn’t sure about any of the other ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2024, 11:35 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Backwards Sliders

There are no "backwards sliders."
Old 08-11-2024, 01:10 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
There are no "backwards sliders."
Really? you sure about that?

Then care to explain why my defense plays like an actual defense when I put the pass reaction and pass coverage @2? This is on Heisman difficulty.

When I was playing with higher values for those 2 sliders, I was in constant shootouts with teams that had absolutely no business keeping up with my Buckeye defense...

I'm talking teams like Akron and Western Michigan...all I know is what I've personally witnessed is that there is something definitely "wonky" with those 2 sliders.

I had mentioned these settings a while ago, and Gotmadskillz as well as Canes mentioned they also noticed a difference in how the defense played...to go a bit further, Canes said he tried it in practice mode and noticed the corners were as he expected, slow in reaction...BUT during gameplay is played out differently.

It makes absolutely no difference to me what some want to believe or not believe, but before you say there are "no backwards sliders"..make sure you are 100% sure about that, because based on what I have been using (with great success) you would be wrong.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-11-2024, 02:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150

Then care to explain why my defense plays like an actual defense when I put the pass reaction and pass coverage @2? This is on Heisman difficulty.

When I was playing with higher values for those 2 sliders, I was in constant shootouts with teams that had absolutely no business keeping up with my Buckeye defense...

I'm talking teams like Akron and Western Michigan...all I know is what I've personally witnessed is that there is something definitely "wonky" with those 2 sliders.

I had mentioned these settings a while ago, and Gotmadskillz as well as Canes mentioned they also noticed a difference in how the defense played...to go a bit further, Canes said he tried it in practice mode and noticed the corners were as he expected, slow in reaction...BUT during gameplay is played out differently.

It makes absolutely no difference to me what some want to believe or not believe, but before you say there are "no backwards sliders"..make sure you are 100% sure about that, because based on what I have been using (with great success) you would be wrong.
Heisman could have a different effect than lower level.

Ive seen some crazy things on heisman like wrs still having glue fingers even with catching way down to 25. It's possible on that level you can still get production even if you use the lower end of slider scale. Players may just play more organic the lower you decrease certain sliders.

They may not react as aggressive in coverage and just play their assignments more conservative.

Most of the Corners and safeties when looking at the ratings only bottom out at minimum of 70 man and zone coverage which is still pretty damn high if you ask me.

For example Aaron's top 4 corners each have over 70 man coverage, Zone coverage and Play Recognition. 4 Of Akron's corners have 70 Plus awareness. They have a SR SS who operates with 85 Awareness and 79 play Recognition.

I know for for sure reaction and coverage on both Varsity and AA levels work properly on the higher end of the slider scale.

The reason why we keep having these discussions as the OP asked is because EA themselves probably don't know what the hell their sliders do from one level to the next.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-11-2024, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I also don’t think any of the sliders are reversed in this game. I played with them all and as far as I can see they all work as advertised (which is a big surprise). I might be wrong but just my observations so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2024, 03:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150

I 2nd this. After he made mention of this I dropped my sliders as such. Specifically, the reaction slider. Adjusting the reaction to 2 changed my whole trajectory and enjoyment of this game simply from having players react accordingly in a bunch of situations. As he stated, I'm not printing this on paper but this is just my experience and there is definitely smoke there.
Old 08-11-2024, 04:49 PM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I know for for sure reaction and coverage on both Varsity and AA levels work properly on the higher end of the slider scale.
At this point I wouldn't say anything is "for sure"...I too was under the impression the higher you go, the better it would be, but during my observations this is simply not the case.

As I mentioned earlier...it doesn't matter to me what folks use, but I don't think I would go so far as to say anything is "for sure" when it comes down to EA and these sliders.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-11-2024, 08:11 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

As they said, not all are reversed, and I don't know if reversed is the proper word to use, but when I did some testing with coverage and reaction below 50 the results were very surprising.

There's a clear difference when adjusting from 50 coverage to say 90ish. You will see coverage get tighter.

The thing is, when moving from 50 to a value close to 0, coverage also was tighter when I tested it out.

I don't know if the curve is messed up and isn't on a 0-1 scale, so going back down to say 10 is actually giving you the opposite effect, but something was wonky when I looked at it after Kramer and others talked about what they saw.

I've not dedicated a ton of time to continue testing it since I've been happy with what I've seen with values over 50, but I can definitely say the gameplay I saw in values below 50 indicated things weren't working as expected.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »