Home

Jogging Runningbacks

This is a discussion on Jogging Runningbacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

MaxVPower's Arena

OVR: 0
Jogging Runningbacks

In year 4 of an NCAA 14 online dynasty with some buddies and I'm the commissioner. We're using the OS Official sliders with 20 user RB ability and a speed threshold of 30. Also, playing on Heisman difficulty on normal speed. It seems like it takes a full half of football before our running backs will actually run hard, and in user vs user games, it seems like they're always jogging on run plays. Any fixes out there for this?

Sorry if already posted, i promise I tried to search for the answer on here but couldn't find anything definite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Jogging Runningbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxVPower
In year 4 of an NCAA 14 online dynasty with some buddies and I'm the commissioner. We're using the OS Official sliders with 20 user RB ability and a speed threshold of 30. Also, playing on Heisman difficulty on normal speed. It seems like it takes a full half of football before our running backs will actually run hard, and in user vs user games, it seems like they're always jogging on run plays. Any fixes out there for this?

Sorry if already posted, i promise I tried to search for the answer on here but couldn't find anything definite.
I'm pretty sure that RBA affects this heavily. If you were to bump it to 25, maybe 30, I bet you would see a difference. Maybe others can confirm. Of course, that will make running easier. It's a choice, really, visuals vs results. A lot of '14 is that way.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Rieux's Arena

Out of curiosity, if you quickly release the sprint button and press it again, does it ever make them run at their proper speed? I've noticed that problem in offline games on tosses specifically, which is the only time I use sprint right after my back gets the ball, to get around the edge. My back will often look & feel like he's running in molasses but if I release and re-press the sprint button he'll start sprinting as normal.

I have a hunch my problem has to do with Game Speed being on Slow or Very Slow though, so it sounds like a different issue, but I was just curious.

On a semi-related note, running out of the Pistol formation sometimes feels weirdly slow, particularly the handoffs, like the handoff animations are playing way too slowly and the DL is shedding their blocks by the time the RB is starting to run. Maybe someone can explain that, but it's unfortunate if there's no solution because the whole point of the pistol is that the run game develops more quickly.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I'm pretty sure that RBA affects this heavily. If you were to bump it to 25, maybe 30, I bet you would see a difference. Maybe others can confirm. Of course, that will make running easier. It's a choice, really, visuals vs results. A lot of '14 is that way.
Yes, you’re right. Lower RBA makes it feel like the running back is trudging through quicksand. He will start running faster when he gets hot (the red circle that forms around him when you pull up the R2 presnap.) That’s probably why you see them get faster as the game goes on.

This is why I prefer turning fatigue OFF and keeping default sliders. The RB will keep his abilities, but he’ll be against a much tougher run defense.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieux
Out of curiosity, if you quickly release the sprint button and press it again, does it ever make them run at their proper speed? I've noticed that problem in offline games on tosses specifically, which is the only time I use sprint right after my back gets the ball, to get around the edge. My back will often look & feel like he's running in molasses but if I release and re-press the sprint button he'll start sprinting as normal.

I have a hunch my problem has to do with Game Speed being on Slow or Very Slow though, so it sounds like a different issue, but I was just curious.

On a semi-related note, running out of the Pistol formation sometimes feels weirdly slow, particularly the handoffs, like the handoff animations are playing way too slowly and the DL is shedding their blocks by the time the RB is starting to run. Maybe someone can explain that, but it's unfortunate if there's no solution because the whole point of the pistol is that the run game develops more quickly.
Re: your pistol run question, unfortunately in the EA football world, some runs work faster than others based on whatever year you’re playing and there’s no rhyme or reason for it. But in ‘14, Stretch plays out of the Pistol hit the hole a lot faster than the others from what I’ve found. Counters also work great for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Rieux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Re: your pistol run question, unfortunately in the EA football world, some runs work faster than others based on whatever year you’re playing and there’s no rhyme or reason for it. But in ‘14, Stretch plays out of the Pistol hit the hole a lot faster than the others from what I’ve found. Counters also work great for me.
I've had a lot of success with Stretch, but I've shied away from Counters because I just assumed they'd be the worst offenders with the added animation. I'll start calling 'em now, thanks!
Old 10-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieux
I've had a lot of success with Stretch, but I've shied away from Counters because I just assumed they'd be the worst offenders with the added animation. I'll start calling 'em now, thanks!
No problem! I should add that I still play the numbers game before I decide for sure that I’m running the counter.

For example, my favorite pistol counters are from trips sets. If the defense is favoring the trips side, I always counter to the other side. Then, either the B gap or off tackle will be open for a big gain depending on how the battle between the tackle and defensive end is going.

But whether it’s trips or balanced, always counter to the numbers advantage and you’ll get good blocking and a good gain!

Last edited by OBinKC; 10-17-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #8
Pro

I've had this issue as well. I've timed their 40s during practice with mid 80s speed/acc and gotten like 5.5/6s for them to go 40 yards, but I've had the sae runningback pull away during a 94 yard run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »