Home

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

This is a discussion on Had to go back to NCAA ‘12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2019, 12:54 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
How are penalties in '12? It drives me nuts there are no penalties in '14 even with sliders all the way up.

I have '13 and the DB glitch doesn't completely bother me, but I just have this sense that if I ever got too deep into a Dynasty I could see that DB glitch causing me to win a National Title or something. If '12 is decent with penalties, maybe I'll pick it up and give it a whirl.
I currently have all penalties at default. I've been getting: 1-3 holding calls per game & 1-2 CPU offside free plays (that develop very naturally due to USER snap counts and CPU jump snap - they fit the flow of the game and don't feel like cheese; I never used fake snap in '14 due to this, never needed it), but that's about it. After all of my time with '14, I'm hesitant to even mess with the penalty sliders out of fear that it will have deleterious effects on the, IMO, natural, authentic football feel that '12 has at (near) default All American. I just keep feeling like less is more, with this one.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #58
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I currently have all penalties at default. I've been getting: 1-3 holding calls per game & 1-2 CPU offside free plays (that develop very naturally due to USER snap counts and CPU jump snap - they fit the flow of the game and don't feel like cheese; I never used fake snap in '14 due to this, never needed it), but that's about it. After all of my time with '14, I'm hesitant to even mess with the penalty sliders out of fear that it will have deleterious effects on the, IMO, natural, authentic football feel that '12 has at (near) default All American. I just keep feeling like less is more, with this one.
Still playing w/o the patch? I haven't downloaded the patch yet...not sure I want to.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM   #59
Rookie

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

I gotta say, if there were more camera options, I think this game would not have been forgotten behind 14 as much. I personally preferred 12 over 14 on the PS3 days. It took me 3 years of searching to find that it was 12 I had been missing.

My fondest memory was when my team was down big and I said someone needed to make a big play. The next kickoff, some 60 something I’ve made a big hit on the punt and got us the ball back. He ended up starting the next week and took home every linebacker trophy the following two years. Never had another experience like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by muchacho; 07-30-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Still playing w/o the patch? I haven't downloaded the patch yet...not sure I want to.
Yeah, haven't played with the patch yet. I want to try and address everyone's questions, like the patch, but I'm just having so much fun actually playing lol. That's got to be a good sign.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #61
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yeah, haven't played with the patch yet. I want to try and address everyone's questions, like the patch, but I'm just having so much fun actually playing lol. That's got to be a good sign.
LOL a great sign!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #62
MVP

My 14 just stopped working and it's $110 to replace it on Amazon. So '12 has custom conferences and bowl bids? Does it have the coaching carousel?
Old 08-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
My 14 just stopped working and it's $110 to replace it on Amazon. So '12 has custom conferences and bowl bids? Does it have the coaching carousel?

Yes. It gives you the option the choose before you start a dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
I'm all for anyone trying '12, but are you sure that the problem is your '14? Did it get scratched or something? Seems odd that it would just stop working out of the blue. Are you sure that it isn't your system? Tried other games? When my system bit the (literal) dust, I first started seeing issues with GTA V & NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »