Home

Jersey Number Changes - Traditions & Superstitions

This is a discussion on Jersey Number Changes - Traditions & Superstitions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Jersey Number Changes - Traditions & Superstitions

I like to really base my numbering system on how college football is today. If I have an absolute stud at MLB, I give him #10. If I have a good RG, I give him #72 because that was my number.

I give RBs numbers between 5 and 29. Even my D-Line can get really low numbers, like #3 for example. I pretty much give the juniors and seniors lower numbers if possible and the freshmen and sophomores get the higher numbers. There are however obvious exceptions like OLinemen and receivers, but I try to give older receivers 1-19 if possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #26
Rookie

I like running backs and quarter backs to wear numbers in the 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #27
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

i also sometimes award players that have grown into bigger roles with better numbers.

i know i had a lb wearing like 38, get an upgrade to #8 as a junior. i don’t do this too often, but if the guy is making play after play, wearing some random number, i’m like who is this guy lol

Old 09-16-2018, 11:05 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LOVER
I like running backs and quarter backs to wear numbers in the 90s.

A purist, I see.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:34 AM   #29
Just started!

iLikeMeerkats83's Arena

If I have a really good scrambling QB and the number is available, his number is going to be 1. Not sure why, that number just looks really cool to me on a scrambling QB.

I usually hold off on giving out my favorite numbers (3, 8, 96 to name a few of those numbers) to players unless they end up being really good or I think they'll end up being really good.

Those are the only two "traditions" I can think of that I have, but reading this thread gave me some ideas for new traditions to try out whenever I start a new dynasty!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #30
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I actually rarely use #1, but especially on a QB.

Our QB in high school was very talented...but also incredibly egotistical. He was generally a jerk to everyone and thought he was a gift from god. Wound up going D1 and squandered it, quit after 1 year because he didn’t bother to put in any effort. Thought he could get by on talent alone.

As such, I associate #1 with egotistical jerks lol, so I seldom give it out. I actually disliked a Qb I brought in because it was his number, dude rode the bench but had a great senior year as a 1 year starter.

I don’t mind it for other positions though

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I typically try to give it a much variety as I can year to year so I keep things fresh and simulate variability in the really world.

That said, there are a few thing special quirks I've added over the years. I'm running a teambuilder, so all thee have come about as a result of my team's performance:

#7 - Worn by record breaking RB Justin Montgomery. Was a junior when I took over the program and set the single season rushing and TD records for the team and NCAA as a junior and senior. Helped the program from an upstart to a contender.

#10 - Worn by record setting QB Randall Goolsby. A 3 year starter who set team and NCAA records for passing yards and TDs. Was a recruit in Montgomery's senior year and helped my program go from an upstart become a powerhouse.

#2 - Worn by record setting WR Ryan Winston, a 4 year player who played along side Goolsby, had 99 speed and became a solid over the middle receiver in addition to a deep threat over his career.

For a long time, these numbers were retired and no one wore them. Recently, I've started using them again and given them to standout players.

#7 went to an ATH FS who also doubled as a running QB in special situations. 3 year start on defense.

#10 went to a 4 year starter at OLB during his junior year and currently worn by my athletic freshman TE.

#2 went to my current QB--6'5, 243, throws and runs well. National championships as a RS Freshman and Sophomore and through 11 games this season - almost 3,000 yards pass and 30 TDs, and 1,500 yards rushing with 20 TDs. Has become the primary in my running game since my HB went down for the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #32
MVP

USC's retired numbers: 3 (Carson Palmer), 5 (Reggie Bush), 11 (Matt Leinart), 12 (Charles White) 20 (Mike Garrett), 32 (OJ), 33 (Marcus Allen).

#55 has historically gone to a special linebacker, so I like to do that too.

Also decided to make my backup middle linebacker in the 3-3-5, rilb in 3-4 #62 after Friday Night Lights MLB Ivory Christian #62).

Also going to take the LSU tradition of naming a great player #18. Is already my starting runningback. Might make it defensive captain in the future or something.

Last edited by nofx94; 02-09-2021 at 11:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »