Home

Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

This is a discussion on Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-30-2022, 05:45 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

What about texas Long horns with Steve Sarkisian as head coach? I used an updated 2021-2022 roster and the playbook it had for Sarkisian was ohio State's Playbook. Is that close or no?

As for aggressive conservative sliders, what sliders would work foe Pro Style, pistol, run n Shoot, and the spread option playbooks?
Old 06-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #130
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF11Football
Bumping this from playing cfbrevamped. 3 pbs to assign cpu teams:
Syracuse(Pro)
Michigan(Multiple)
NC State/NIU(Spread Option)
I came about using these because they give the cpu a chance to move the ball. One thing that helps challenge you on defense is keeping your dc's skill tree points low. For Multiple and Spread books, set the head coach Aggressive/Conservative to aggressive which is pushing the slider far left at about 30. That reduces the number of those busted screens being called.
What about texas Long horns with Steve Sarkisian as head coach? I used an updated 2021-2022 roster and the playbook it had for Sarkisian was ohio State's Playbook. Is that close or no?

As for aggressive conservative sliders, what sliders would work foe Pro Style, pistol, run n Shoot, and the spread option playbooks?

Sorry about posting again. Didn't know if someone read this. Also forgot about air raid and one back

Last edited by rakernk; 06-03-2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Adding another sentence
Old 06-03-2022, 11:52 PM   #131
Rookie

FF11Football's Arena

If you want the book to user, make a custom spread after watching a Texas game on YouTube to get ideas. If you want to assign a book for the cpu it's tough. The problem with the default spread playbooks is EA put too many read options in them. Nowadays even pocket passers play in the spread o. You would have to go with a Multiple style book, but non-spread pbs don't have enough shotgun. Michigan is one with gun but not a lot of read option. BYU is ok too, it's Air Raid with less option. Ball State is the spread book with the least read options but it's kinda bla.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2022, 04:37 PM   #132
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF11Football
If you want the book to user, make a custom spread after watching a Texas game on YouTube to get ideas. If you want to assign a book for the cpu it's tough. The problem with the default spread playbooks is EA put too many read options in them. Nowadays even pocket passers play in the spread o. You would have to go with a Multiple style book, but non-spread pbs don't have enough shotgun. Michigan is one with gun but not a lot of read option. BYU is ok too, it's Air Raid with less option. Ball State is the spread book with the least read options but it's kinda bla.
Cool Thanks. Would Boise State or Florida Atlantic work?

Last edited by rakernk; 06-04-2022 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:28 PM   #133
Rookie

ericks17's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone have any idea on what playbook to use for Nebraska. I know we haven't seen much now that we have mark whipple as offensive coordinator but maybe someone has an idea on a decent playbook to run.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:20 PM   #134
Rookie

JH823Opsport's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been looking for a playbook that closely resembles BYU's offense from when the late LaVell Edwards was coaching the team. Edwards' offense -- whose concepts would later become the basis of the "Air Raid" offense -- closely resembled the West Coast offense developed by Bill Walsh, the 3x Super Bowl-winning coach who developed the offense during his time as an assistant coach for the Cincinnati Bengals under the great Paul Brown.

I was considering the following playbooks that I thought closely resembled that LaVell Edwards-era BYU offense:
  • Hawaii (Norm Chow, one of Edwards' assistant coaches, was the school's head coach at the time of NCAA Football 14's release)
  • Oregon State
  • Purdue
  • San Diego State
  • San Jose State
  • USC
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Generic Pro Style

So, which of these playbooks do you think best resembles offense BYU used to run under LaVell Edwards?

Also, on a side note, I think BYU's default playbook looks more like the Fast Break Offense of the 1990s Florida State teams.

Last edited by JH823Opsport; 07-14-2022 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:47 PM   #135
Rookie

FF11Football's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH823Opsport
I've been looking for a playbook that closely resembles BYU's offense from when the late LaVell Edwards was coaching the team. Edwards' offense -- whose concepts would later become the basis of the "Air Raid" offense -- closely resembled the West Coast offense developed by Bill Walsh, the 3x Super Bowl-winning coach who developed the offense during his time as an assistant coach for the Cincinnati Bengals under the great Paul Brown.

I was considering the following playbooks that I thought closely resembled that LaVell Edwards-era BYU offense:
  • Hawaii (Norm Chow, one of Edwards' assistant coaches, was the school's head coach at the time of NCAA Football 14's release)
  • Oregon State
  • Purdue
  • San Diego State
  • San Jose State
  • USC
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Generic Pro Style

So, which of these playbooks do you think best resembles offense BYU used to run under LaVell Edwards?

Also, on a side note, I think BYU's default playbook looks more like the Fast Break Offense of the 1990s Florida State teams.
I would think generic pro style because of the old split back formation. I keep trying to bump this topic to get some new content. I use 4 books that reduce the overabundance of read option plays in most 14 pbs, and resemble formations currently used in cfb today:
Single Back/Pro-Alabama
Air Raid-BYU
Spread-Ball State
Uptempo no huddle-Air Raid-Cal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #136
Rookie

Ground's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakernk
Sark ran a very RPO heavy offense at Bama. Which in my opinion was just an extension of what Kiffin was doing prior. Any "spread" playbook is probably going to get you as close as you can get to what Sark is running at Texas imo.
NBA: Los Angles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »