Home

Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

This is a discussion on Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

I'm in the offseason and both of my assistants took head coaching jobs elsewhere. My more prestigious DC took the Oklahoma St gig while my OC got the Georgia St job.

I get to players leaving and see that my SO CB is transferring to Okie St. I thought that was a cool coincidence (since that's where my DC went) but then I read the reason why he's transferring and it even said "Coach Leaving" so he really is following his coordinator to his new school. I think it's REALLY, REALLY awesome that this is in the game! Sadly, I've played 66 seasons worth of NCAA '14 dynasties and this is the first time I've seen this so I think it happens very rarely, but it's still very cool that it happens at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0084.jpg (612.1 KB, 240 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

wow that's sweet! One time I went from OC to HC and brought in like 4 offensive players through transferring, 3 from teams I had beaten but I've never seen that either.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Just saw something REALLY awesome in dynasty!

I've seen the Coach Leaving before as a reason to transfer, it's rare but it happens. I haven't ever seen a guy go to the same school the new coach went to, I doubt there's logic for that case, but rather specifically had to do with scheme and location

it's too bad they messed up transfers and early departures in NCAA 14, and I have yet to find a way to tune this with the editor. I'm guessing this is in the tuner file itself which is another mystery
Old 03-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Also, if you don't mind me asking, I noticed that your players leaving aren't filled of 99 OVRs and I was wondering how you go about recruiting and whatnot to keep a solid not stacked team
Old 03-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #5
Banned

martywebb's Arena

That is extremely cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
All Star

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTAZ1965
Also, if you don't mind me asking, I noticed that your players leaving aren't filled of 99 OVRs and I was wondering how you go about recruiting and whatnot to keep a solid not stacked team
FWIW, I've only been @ Michigan for 3 years so I didn't recruit any of those guys except for the WR Burden who was a JUCO JR I got to fill a much needed lack of depth. Attached is what one of my graduating recruiting classes looks like. It's certainly better than Michigan's, but it's not crazy strong like most user teams deep in a dynasty.

Anywho, I mainly do it with house rules, settings, and player edits.

Firstly, I play on slowest coaching progression. I just finished my 18th season, but my coach just now hit level 25, and that's with 2 national championships and 7 conference championships under my belt. On normal progression I'd probably be around lvl 40 by now.

I use house rules for recruit to limit my classes. I only allow 2/3 points in the following recruiting skills:
  • Royal Treatment
  • Opener
  • Closer
  • Kitchen Sink
  • Insta-commit (even after 18 seasons I'm still about 2 years away from getting even 1 point in this)
W/ maxed out RT, and KS I could sign every player I wanted. With only 2/3 I end up fighting for a bunch of guys in the offseason and lose out on a bunch during the season. W/ maxed out recruiting I'd have 4* and 5* guys listed 3rd on my depth chart. W/O it maxed, I end up having to sign guys that I pray will only be career backups.

I can only scout in the preseason.

I can add anyone I want to my board in the preseason, but once the season starts, I can only add guys that already have me in their top 10. Also, I can not add any 4* or 5*s during the season (and no 3* FBs, Ps, or Ks).

I can only offer schollies to enough guys to give me 70. I can't offer another scholly until I lose someone to another school or I drop the offered player from my board.

EDITS:
I note all QBs AWR @ the beginning of the season. Then, at the end of the season I remove half of the AWR they gained during the year (because user players gain WAY more AWR than CPU players).

At the beginning of every season I edit the AWRs for all players that are > 70 down to 70.

I also edit the injury ratings down for all incoming FR. This doesn't change their OVR much (except for OL guys who get -70 INJ) but it does a little.

The biggest difference though is the recruiting tree restrictions I've imposed. With them I don't need to limit how many 5* or 4*s I can sign and I still don't have overpowering recruiting classes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0085.jpg (612.0 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by jello1717; 03-05-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #7
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

jello I agree that's a neat touch. I've only experienced it once, and I'm currently in year 2040. Mine wasn't a player leaving my team, rather it was a player following me. I had left Alabama and went clear across the country to take the HC job at Oregon State, and a DT followed me.

I'll tell you what's awesome- the game is solid enough that we're still playing avidly, having fun, and seeing new things. It's been a weather day for me here in the South (ice/sleet making roads impassable) so I've been getting in some good games today. After five seasons at Oregon State, I left to take over 1* UAB, so I've been scrapping it out with equally sucky 1* teams hehe.....and loving every minute of it!
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 03-05-2015, 06:28 PM   #8
All Star

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTAZ1965
Oh yeah, I also don't RS any 5*s nor anyone that is in my 2 deep. Because of this, most players don't RS for me. Look @ my UNC class. Out of the 10 guys you can see, only 3 of them RSed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »