Home

Help on improving my recruiting strategy?

This is a discussion on Help on improving my recruiting strategy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

HRN31596's Arena

OVR: 0
Help on improving my recruiting strategy?

I need help on improving my recruiting strategy in this game. I was wondering, what do you guys do in recruiting? Do you limit yourself to a certain number of recruits you can target a season or no? Do you guys only go after the high caliber recruits and/or the recruits you know you can get or no? Do you ever fill your recruiting board completely? What is your general recruiting strategy in this game?

For me, I usually limit myself to 3 recruits per position every season unless that's a position of need on my team in which case I'll target a few more recruits at that position. I also tend to only go after the 5* and 4* recruits and 3* recruits at times. I rarely ever target 2* and 1* recruits. Also, all the recruits I target are recruits I'm almost certain I can get, usually they all have me in their top 3 and I never target any recruits that I'm -200 or more behind since I don't want to spend my points on recruits I'm not sure I can get. I also realized that I tend to recruit at every position every season, even if I'm set for the future at that position. For example, I can have 5 QBs on the roster and I'll still target a few QBs just because they're interested in me. I just think that this recruiting strategy is really bad and I tend to go over the limit on players and I usually recruit 2 or 3 busts a season.

So, any tips on getting better at recruiting? Should I start letting go of players I don't need and spending the points on recruits that I might not get? I just would like some help, I'm really bad at recruiting in this game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help on improving my recruiting strategy?

Go to page 2 of this forum - check out the RECRUITING TIPS thread - tons of awesome info that will get you up to speed in recruiting! Good luck!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Help on improving my recruiting strategy?

The "Recruiting Tips" thread is a great place.

But from one Dawgs fan to another I will offer my advice. First off I feel like after playing the series for 16 years I got this thing down. I have my own personal house rules to prevent over recruiting. My house rules include, limits to # of recruits on my board to equal number of seniors leaving, 5*s must play as freshman or 4*s by year 2, only recruit players that have me ranked #1 or less then 300 points from #1, keep roster at 65 scholarship players to allow walk-ons (count the ones that sign that I didn't offer) or transfers, only add players during preseason and never add any more even if I lose out on a player. With those rules I have been able to still get really good players while not loading my team.

Tips I can offer as far as improving your ability to recruit is....
-Winning on the field helps you win in the living rooms.
-Target players you have a chance at. An example is going after a 5* guy with a 2* program unless he has you #1.
-JuCos are not bad and can help you out. See Auburn or KState for examples.
-If they want play as freshman then redshirt always.
- Target guys that fit what you want to do. If you like fast players then look for guys with fast 40 times and high squat numbers.
-Don't put to much into overalls because some guys with low overalls out play guys with much higher. An example is right now I start a former 3* QB with an 84ovr over a former 5* QB with a 99ovr. The lower rated guys has a much better arm but is not the runner the other guy is.
-If you keep your total recruit numbers around 15 then you can invest max points in more guys. This increases the chance you get the guys you target.
-Plan visits where you get the bonus points and against schools on the recruits list if you can. I have noticed that when I do that I get guys to sign right after that visit as long as I win the game. This has back fired on my a few times.
-Don't let star ratings impact who you recruit just like overall. Guys improve a lot on this game so a 67ovr 3* might end up as a 91ovr. I have a guy on my roster right now that was a 67ovr. After red shirting and 4 years of progression he is now a starter for me.
-Gems are easy to find. An example is if you are looking at "Pass Blocking" o-lineman then look for guys with a high bench press as it is tied to strength ratings and run blocking for o-lineman.

I hope some of that helps and read through that thread as well. Like anything you do, recruiting gets easy the more you do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »