Home

Impress us EA by supporting NCAA 2014!

This is a discussion on Impress us EA by supporting NCAA 2014! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Impress us EA by supporting NCAA 2014!

The loss of this franchise is a tragedy for many of us. But I am sure many hope that EA will continue to support this fine game (patch, keep servers up). This effort by EA would show that they care about their customers and I am sure many of us would appreciate it greatly and remain loyal customers of your products.

" I beseech you to do for La Harve what La Harve would do for God, if La Harve were God, and God were a general."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Impress us EA by supporting NCAA 2014!

Well, I hope they do. There are certainly plenty of things that could use a little shaping up. I don't pretend to know the status of the NCAA developers employment, but I'd think their focus - at least for the short term - would have to shift to the current game, right?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

They should have just released the game with all of the rosters being completely random. Then the amazing users on this board who take the time to do roster edits could release a full and complete roster. Problem solved. Takes the blame completely off of EA.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

All I really want is for them to change their minds about releasing NCAA 14 on Next-Gen. Obviously there are some things I'd love to see patched in. (Eg. Playoffs, Helmets and etc.) But I'd much rather just have a version of this game on PS4.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
They should have just released the game with all of the rosters being completely random. Then the amazing users on this board who take the time to do roster edits could release a full and complete roster. Problem solved. Takes the blame completely off of EA.
They'd have to take it a step further, actually. You can do it randomly, but with something like 1500 offensive linemen in the game (including backups), you'll inevitably get a few with similar skin color, height, weight and number as real players. They would have to go in and intentionally make every player notably different, both in appearance and playstyle, from the real thing. That being said, it's probably only as difficult as making the digital versions the same as the real-life ones.

I would also change each team's playstyle and set it to random as well. That way, they can remove all the teams' individual playbooks, and focus on cleaning that aspect of the game up. Maybe add in a few more base/generic playbooks; one that uses a lot of double-TE formations, or one that utilizes the FB in the passing game. Then you can also throw in playbooks from famous teams in NCAA history: Oregon's spread option, Alabama's power running, Paterno's famous Cover 3 defense at Penn State. Also, fix the issues with making a custom playbook. It just never feels right, especially in-game and the formations never seem to be in the same order.

In classic EA fashion, they've come incredibly close to making a "perfect" game, but fell just short. And now it'll cost them (and us) the title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

EA owes all the gamers that paid their hard earned money patches and tuners so the game plays with out glitches. Consumers should get their money back for games that are broken product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »